Today I greet you with a beautiful recipe for an Almond Torte. This month for the Secret Recipe Club I was assigned to an amazingly savory and creative food blog called, Gastronomical Sovereignty . My goodness is Kristy a talented cook! She makes dishes that I dream of having on my table every night. Vegetables of all kinds is one of her focuses along with many, many spices all coming together to make beautiful dishes.
As many of you know so well, I tend to gravitate towards the sweets of life. I choose an Almond Torte to make from Kristy's collection of recipes. A simple recipe that requires simple ingredients yet has a very satisfying result. As mentioned by Kristy this cake is perfectly paired with a nice HOT cup of tea. I do have to say that in order for this cake to be a success you must have a food processor as you will need to grind roasted almonds and granulated sugar to achieve the right consistency for the recipe.
(recipe from Gastronomical Sovereignty)
450 g whole blanched almonds, lightly roasted
10 1/2 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup flour
2 tsp grated lemon rind (1 lemon gave me the perfect amount)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease 9" spring form pan.
2. Place roasted almonds in food processor and grind for about 20-30 seconds to obtain a fine consistency. Do the same with the granulated sugar.
3. Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time to combine well after each addition.
3. Stir in ground almonds, sugar, flour and lemon rind. Mix just until all combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared spring form pan and bake for 1 hr and 20 minutes. Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing side of pan.
Share with dear friends and family - serve with hot tea or coffee. YUM!
Happy Almond Torte Baking!