Believe it or not it's that time of the month that #BundtBakers present their creative creations of deliciousness. This month the theme for #BundtBakers was chosen by the extremely talented, Anne of From My Sweet Heart. In the cake, on the cake, around the cake or all of it, lemon was the theme. Immediately I knew that I wanted to use the combo of strawberries and lemons. Strawberries paired with lemons are lovely. The sweetness of the berries balances out the tartness of the lemons and together they are a fantastic pair, complementing one another fully.
I loved this cake from the moment I started mixing all the ingredients together. The batter is flavored with grated lemon, lemon juice and a small amount of lemon extract. All three lemon sources allow for the perfect lemon taste to the cake. A delicate yet perfect lemon flavor shines in each bite of this cake. Sour cream, butter and eggs all lend a hand in offering a richness to the cake too. And then lastly the strawberries which are sliced and diced and then tossed with a little bit of flour and powdered sugar are folded into the batter to pair up with the lemon. A perfection of a cake.
A simple glaze of powdered sugar and lemon juice could easily be used to drizzle over this bundt. I decided I wanted to have a bit of a fancier topping than just a simple glaze. I also needed to cover up some of the areas on the cake that didn't release as gracefully from the pan as I had hoped. I added some melted butter, lemon peel and dash of lemon extract to the powdered sugar and lemon juice to create exactly the topping I was after. I was delighted visually as was my taste buds. The frosting topped off the cake perfectly with decadence.
Embrace the strawberry season as fresh strawberries are in abundance and bake up this cake. Or buy some fresh strawberries at the super market if you can't pick them fresh. This cake is perfect for those that want to impress yet simple enough to do so with truly very little effort.
I send Anne big hugs of happiness for her fantastic choice of a "lemony" theme for our #BundtBakers group this month. I enjoyed every minute of baking with lemons (and strawberries) by my side! I also want to thank the creator of this group, Stacey of Food Lust People Love, for the amazing job she does to keep all the bits and pieces together to make the #BundtBakers such a fantastic group each and every month. Merci beaucoup to both of you!!!
Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake
(recipe adapted from I Heart Nap Time)
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
zest of 2 lemons
1/2 tsp lemon extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz sour cream
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 TBSP flour
4 TBSP butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1-2 TBSP fresh lemon juice - more or less depending on what consistency you want
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour bundt pan - set aside.
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt - set aside.
In a large bowl beat together butter, sugar and lemon zest for 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add in lemon juice and lemon extract.
Add to butter mixture the flour mixture and sour cream - alternating between the 2, starting and ending with the flour.
In a medium bowl toss strawberries with powdered sugar and flour. Gently fold strawberries into batter. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
Place cake into oven and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake for 60 min - 1 hr and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean. Cool cake for 20 minutes before inverting onto serving plate. Cool completely before frosting (or glazing).
While cake cools make your frosting. Melt 4 TBSP of butter and pour over powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Stir to incorporate. Add in zest of lemon, lemon extract and lemon juice and mix well. Alter consistency of frosting by adding in more lemon juice if you wish. Pour over cooled cake, using a butter knife if needed to direct the frosting to a specific location. Slice and enjoy!!
Happy Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake Baking!
- Bee's Knees Lemon Honey Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry-Lemon Breakfast Bundt from Cali's Cuisine
- Bundt Cake de Limón from La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Eggless Lemon Bundt Cake from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Extra Lemon Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Lavender Lemon Cake from Magnolia Days
- Lemon & Lime Cheese Bundt Cake from Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Lemon Apple Upside Down Bundt Cake from Simply Veggies
- Lemon Basil Bundt Cake from Tartacadabra
- Lemon Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake with Tart Lemon Glaze from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemon Confetti Bundt Cake from Our Good Life
- Lemon Curd Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Lemon Honey Bundt Cake from Brunch with Joy
- Lemon Marble Bundt Cake from Jenny and Sweets
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seeds Bundt Cake from La Cocina de Aisha
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake from From Gate to Plate
- Lemon Ricotta and Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Spice Roots
- Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Lemon-Cranberry Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Mini Limoncello Bundts from Living the Gourmet
- Pink Lemon Pound Cake from Making Miracles
- Pink Lemonade Bundt from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Pound Cake Bundt with Lemon Glaze from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Soft Lemon Rosemary Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Spring Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake from Adventures in All Things Food
- Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Sweet Lemon Bundt with Blackberry Glaze from From My Sweet Heart