I recently shared with you my homemade sauce recipe - these little bread sticks go lovely with that sauce! And they can be easy whipped up within just a short period of time.
I was so sad when all the sauce was gone and along with these bread sticks. I would warm up the sauce gently and then dip the sticks right into it....sooooo yummy!!!
For those of you that don't know Siggy (Siggy Spice that is), she has a great food blog full of delicious dishes, treats, creations and ideas. And not only is she an amazing and creative cook but she is also absolutely adorable and extremely nice. I've been so fortunate to get to know her through my experience of food blogging! I really look forward to continuing our friendship in the future. :-)
Siggy's Bread Sticks
(recipe from Siggy Spice)
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tbsp instant (rapid rise) yeast from a jar - as Siggy so brilliantly points out, the yeast packets don't hold a full TBSP thus the jarred yeast is preferred.
2 Tbsp sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2-4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil - unfortunately, I was completely out of EVOO so I used Canola oil...which was OK but not the best
1 Tbsp garlic salt (love this stuff!!!)
1-2 tsp herbs/seasoning of your choice - I used parsley, basil and a little thyme - Les Herbs de Provence would be great for this recipe!
4 Tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Mix together water, yeast, sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl.....
....and knead for three minutes.
2. Let dough rest for ten minutes....
and then magically it will turn into this lovely risen dough....
3. Turn on oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly flour your hands....
...and place dough on a cookie sheet that has been coated with 1-2 Tbsp of EVOO. Spread dough out to cover the surface of the cookie sheet.....
4. Brush dough with 1-2 Tbsp of EVOO to lightly cover. Sprinkle with herbs and garlic salt. With a pizza cutter cut dough into bread sticks.....
....then cover entire dough with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
5. Remove plastic wrap and place in preheated oven. Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush melted butter all over top.....
....and then sprinkle with parm cheese....
As Siggy says, "serve, eat and break out in a little diddy bread stick dance!"
Happy Siggy's Bread sticks Baking!