One of my most favorite meals to eat is Chicken Parmesan. Yum....I love the combo of chicken, sauce and cheese - and of course all served on a lovely bed of pasta. Yup, I am now drooling just thinking of this delightful meal. :-)
Recently I discovered a fabulous recipe for Chicken Parm. It is not only fabulous in taste, flavor and yumminess but also in the amount of time it takes to make it. Hands on time is literally minutes...and not a lot of minutes at that! And then you just walk away and let the magic of the crock pot do it's work. Within a couple hours your house is filled with the aroma of comfort and deliciousness that comes from your crock pot.
Honestly, I don't always have good luck with crockpot recipes. Either the dish turns out too dry, too soggy or just tastes terrible over all. Well, believe me this crockpot recipe that I am about to share with you is GREAT! It was a HUGE success and I seriously encourage you to put aside 5 minutes and make it.
Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
(recipe from A Year of SlowCooking)
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs (or you can use Italian seasoned bread crumbs and then don't add the Italian seasoning below)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 egg, beaten
sliced mozzarella cheese (4-6 slices depending on how much you choose to use)
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
1. Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over the bottom of crockpot stoneware.
2. Beat egg and place in a medium bowl. In a second medium bowl mix the bread crumbs, spices, and grated parmesan cheese all together.
3. Dip chicken in beaten egg and then toss into bread crumb mixture to coat completely on both sides. Place chicken breasts on the bottom of crockpot.
4. Place a layer of mozzarella slices on top of breaded chicken breasts. Cover cheese layered chicken with jar of sauce.
5. Place lid of crockpot securely on and turn heat onto LOW for 6-7 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. Walk away and let the crockpot do its magic.
Serve over cooked pasta of your choice. D'lish!
Happy Chicken Parmesan Making (in your crockpot)!