Image Map

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Fastest (and YUMMIEST) Chicken Parmesan



One of my most favorite meals to eat is Chicken Parmesan.  Yum....I love the combo of chicken, sauce and cheese - and of course all served on a lovely bed of pasta.  Yup, I am now drooling just thinking of this delightful meal.  :-)

Recently I discovered a fabulous recipe for Chicken Parm.  It is not only fabulous in taste, flavor and yumminess but also in the amount of time it takes to make it.  Hands on time is literally minutes...and not a lot of minutes at that!  And then you just walk away and let the magic of the crock pot do it's work.  Within a couple hours your house is filled with the aroma of comfort and deliciousness that comes from your crock pot. 

Honestly, I don't always have good luck with crockpot recipes.  Either the dish turns out too dry, too soggy or just tastes terrible over all.  Well, believe me this crockpot recipe that I am about to share with you is GREAT!  It was a HUGE success and I seriously encourage you to put aside 5 minutes and make it.

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
(recipe from A Year of SlowCooking)

Ingredients:

2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

1/2 cup plain bread crumbs (or you can use Italian seasoned bread crumbs and then don't add the Italian seasoning below)

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

1 tsp Italian seasoning

1/4 tsp ground black pepper

1/4 tsp kosher salt

1 Tbsp olive oil

1 egg, beaten

sliced mozzarella cheese (4-6 slices depending on how much you choose to use)

1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce

Directions:

1.  Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over the bottom of crockpot stoneware.

2. Beat egg and place in a medium bowl.  In a second medium bowl mix the bread crumbs, spices, and grated parmesan cheese all together.

3. Dip chicken in beaten egg and then toss into bread crumb mixture to coat completely on both sides.  Place chicken breasts on the bottom of crockpot.

4. Place a layer of mozzarella slices on top of breaded chicken breasts.  Cover cheese layered chicken with jar of sauce.

5. Place lid of crockpot securely on and turn heat onto LOW for 6-7 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.  Walk away and let the crockpot do its magic.

Serve over cooked pasta of your choice.  D'lish!


Happy Chicken Parmesan Making (in your crockpot)!

15 comments:

  1. Avril, I'm with you. I have very few crockpot recipes because I don't always have a lot of success. This, however, looks fabulous and I definitely want to try it and soon. I've never heard of chicken parmesan in the crock pot, I love it!! I'm excited to try this. Hope you and your family are doing well and staying warm. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this recipe amazing?!?! It's our favorite (and only way) to eat Chicken Parm. perfect every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for a week night or any night you need dinner done :) I am going to try this one out, I'll let you know how it comes out.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this, my family will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen chicken parm made in the crockpot, but I'm diggin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! Chicken Parmesan is probably a top 5 favorite meal of mine and I never make it because it takes so long at night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why I don't make this more often. I love the crock pot idea, so maybe it'll go on the menu around here on a more regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so yummy! I am not using my slow cooker often enough. This recipe sounds great. Will try this one out for my kids' after school meal, then I will be free to attend to my garden! Thanks a bunch for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Italian food. This is a great meal to have in your repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Might be the best looking Parm I have ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I am SO making this! I've been loving my crockpot lately!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Avril, I made it and we loved it - posted about it today :)
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made this last night for dinner and it was a hit all the way! Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to try this. it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found out the hard way that this recipe should not be made in a newer crock pot that has the very low 10 hour setting. The sauce burned and the chicken dried out. If I try to remake this again, I'll double the sauce, just to be safe to have enough.
    -Darbie Esther-

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis