Such a great dessert we have going on here. FULL of good layers of creamy and fruity yumminess. The foundation of this dessert is made up of crushed cookies and then is built up with a creamy sweetened cream cheese layer followed up by a layer of crushed pineapple then sliced bananas, a smooth and decadent vanilla pudding layer, finalized with fluffy sweetened whipped cream which is garnished with chopped nuts and toffee bits. So good. SO GOOD!!!
Banana Split Dessert
(recipe comes from Butter and Oven Mitts)
1 1/2 cups Nilla Wafer cookies - crushed finely
1 1/4 cup sugar - divided
1/3 cup butter - melted
16 oz. cream cheese - at room temperature
28 oz. crushed pineapple - well drained (reserve a little bit of juice for brushing over sliced banana layer)
4 whole bananas
2 cups milk
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts...your choice)
1/4 cup toffee bits
marachino cherries (with or without stems)
1. In a medium bowl combine crushed cookies, melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Press cookie crumb mixture into bottom of 9x13 pan. Set aside.
2. Beat together cream cheese and remaining 1 cup sugar. Beat together until light and fluffy then gently spread over cookie crumb layer.
3. Next spread the crushed (and WELL drained) pineapple over cream cheese layer.
....and then top with sliced bananas...
To avoid bananas from getting brown you can brush the tops of them with reserved pineapple juice.
4. In a medium bowl beat together milk and pudding mixture until thickened. Set aside.
5. In (yet another) bowl combine heavy cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Take 1 cup of whipped cream and gently fold into pudding mixture. Layer over sliced bananas.....
6. Spread remaining whipped cream mixture over pudding mixture and then garnish with chopped nuts and toffee bits. YUM!
Chill for a couple of hours and then top off with marachino cherries (and mini American flags too if you want) just before serving.
Hello there yumminess. Goodness to you look WONDERFULLY edible!
Happy Banana Split Dessert Making!