Thursday, July 26, 2012

The EASIEST Granola ever!



Granola has always been one of my very favorite things to eat.  Especially the granola my mom makes. She loads it with all kinds of dried fruit, toasted nuts and shredded coconut....yum.  And this may sound weird but having granola with milk about 30 minutes after it is fresh from the oven is one of my all time favorite and comforting snacks.  The granola is still warm and all the flavors are just popping with deliciousness.  A definite must for all of you "granola lovers" out there if you have yet to have granola warm from the oven (or skillet).
 
 

 

My mom has always made her granola in the oven. She coats the ingredients with honey and oil and then gently roasts them - tossing the oats and fruit every 15 minutes so that they become evenly browned and seasoned.  So good!  About a month ago I discovered that a couple of my favorite food blogs were featuring a wonderful granola recipe.  And not just any granola recipe.  Quick and easy granola made in a SKILLET on the stove. What a brilliant concept.  I couldn't wait to try it out myself.  I have now made skillet granola multiply times.  I have given away batches as gifts and I have shared many a bowl topped with fresh berries   with my girls.  Lots and lots of happy tummies have rejoiced with my new discover of making granola on the stove rather than in the oven. You should do the for the tummies in your life that you care and adore.

The beauty of  this recipe is that it is versatile.  You can sweeten the ingredients as you wish using either honey or maple syrup and you can add any kind of dried fruit or nut to your liking.  The sky's the limit here with this granola recipe.


 Fruit and Nut Skillet Granola
(similar recipes can be found on Let's Dish and Lick the Bowl)
Ingredients:

1 stick of butter (if you wish to reduce the butter to 3/4 of a stick it will be just fine)
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 cups rolled oats (not the quick kind)
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped dates or chopped dried apricots (any or all of these)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened is fine)
1 cup silvered almonds or chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions:

1. In a large skillet melt butter.  Add in honey (or maple syrup), brown sugar, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.  Stir all together until well combined.
 
2. Add in oats and stir to coat thoroughly.  Cook over low heat for about 10-12 minutes until oats are light brown and toasted.
 
3. Take pan off of heat and stir in dried fruit, nuts and coconut.  Happiness has arrived...your granola is complete.  Scoop up a handful and enjoy.
 
 
 
Happy Fruit and Nut Skillet Granola Making!

32 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm....homemade granola. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love granola too...you can throw in whatever strikes your fancy:) Warm from the oven with milk sounds GOOD to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made granola 2 nights who. I love it. My recipe only uses 2 T of butter and maple syrup. It is so stinkin' delicious. I eat it almost everyday on yogurt with fresh berries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just remembered that I have a container of homemade granola in the freezer! yay! So glad you liked it. Yours looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for your post, it makes us have more and more discs in our life, So kind for you, I also hope you will make more and more excellent post and let’s more and more talk, thank you very much, dear.
    happy wheels| friv|monster high| shooting games| tetris| 8 ball pool
    cool math games| barbie games| friv4school| agario| fighting games

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.
    happy wheels
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    Signature:
    i like play games play happy wheels online and play happy wheels unblocked full and zombie tsunami , retrica , retrica camera, happy wheels game , agario

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your sharing. I see it as a wonderful thing. You can also refer to our game to feel great from them. Thank you!
    Juegos de Matar Zombies
    fancy pants 3
    fancy pants 3
    fancy pants
    fancy pants
    fancy pants 3 hacked
    fancy pants 3 hacked

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your sharing. We feel very happy about that. You should also try my best to play our FREE today to get the sense of fun that brings. Thank you!
    return man 3
    return man 2
    return man

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. I like Score Hero, camera b612, papas games, Piano Tiles 2. Papas Games is really something, none of the series are cliché and all of them are very much enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The article you have shared here very awesome. I really like and appreciated your work. I read deeply your article, the points you have mentioned in this article are useful
    Signature:
    Download retrica online includes more than eighty different filters with many different styles and include retrica indir , and zombie tsunami is the ideal game for anyone who loves the running game genre

    ReplyDelete
  12. First You got a great blog.I will be interested in more similar topics.
    happy wheels , agario , happywheels , agar ,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would very much like to agree with the previous commenter! I find this blog really useful for my uni project. I hope to add more useful posts later.
    Open Facebook
    | Science Kombat
    | Science Kombat Game

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the best blogs that is very useful for keeping me share the ideas
    of the future as well this is really what I was looking for, and I am
    very happy to come here. Thank you very much
    earn to die
    earn to die 2
    earn to die 3
    Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and finally got the
    earn to die 4
    courage to go ahead and give youu a shout out from
    earn to die 6
    Austin Texas! Just wanted to tell
    earn to die 5
    you keep up the fantastic work!my weblog
    age of war
    Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and finally got the
    happy wheels
    strike force heroes
    slither io
    slitherio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcomes to google terminal keep sharing such ideas in the future as well.
    google snake this was actually EARN TO DIE
    what i was looking for,and i am glad to came here! AGE OF WAR 2
    Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while HAPPY WHEELS
    I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! Slitherio
    Amazing insight you have on this, Slither io This article always blew me BIG FARM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend
    Subway Surfers
    Subway Surf
    Subway Surfers download

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like more information about this, because it is very nice. Thanks for sharing!
    fireboy watergirl
    Geometry Dash

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for commenting, it is lovely and really makes my day!
    zoxy games |
    friv 10 games | friv games | friv 100 play

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for commenting, it is lovely and really makes my day!
    wheely 8 games | zoxy 3 | twizlgames | papalouie 4
    >

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am really empowered with your writing talent. Anyway keep up the wonderful high
    quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog
    such as this these days.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The article you have shared here very awesome. I really like and appreciated your work. I read deeply your article, the points you have mentioned in this article are useful
    Facebook Lite

    ReplyDelete
  22. You might also consider other means of analysis or production that are available, even if it changes some aspects of the final product, or identify related tasks and deliverables that a group can a complete and that satisfy the same learning objectives.
    Yoob Games
    Firv 2 Online
    Friv3 Multiplayer

    ReplyDelete
  23. I’m really impressed with your writing skills and also
    with the layout on your weblog. Is thiss a paid
    theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rarfe to
    see a nice blog like this one nowadays.
    obat penggemuk badan aman untuk ibu menyusui
    obat penghilang panu di apotik
    obat herbal kandung kemih bocor

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing post, Thank you for presenting a wide variety of information that is very interesting to see in this artikle .twizl games the aim of this game is to get the block to fall into the square hole using your arrows keys, and try not to fall off or get stressed. - zoxy games is a great place to play free online Friv Frozen games. Enjoy and play new Friv games & Friv Zoxy now! - y10 games Flash Car Games Online. What kind of games do you want to play with a car? Car Racing? Ice Racer? Parking Games? Speed Shot?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kizi 100 le ofrece sólo lo mejor te escojan juegos en línea gratis. Play all the top rated friv4school, friv flash games today.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I liked it so much and very interesting, too! Thanks for sharing the experience.
    Wonderful post, really great tips and advice.
    friv 3
    friv 4
    kizi 2

    ReplyDelete
  27. great article, I was very impressed about it, wish you would have stayed next share
    Run 3 | Stick Run 2 |friv4school | girls go games

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.
    agar.io online| zoxy games
    friv .org

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for such a sweet tutorial - all this time later, I've found it and love the end result. I appreciate the time you spent sharing your skills.
    Facebook Lite

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis