Monday, August 27, 2012

New England Oatmeal Cookies for The Secret Recipe Club

 
 
Serious, SERIOUS happy pitter patter of my heart happened to me this past month for I was assigned through The Secret Recipe Club to a New England based food blog called, I Am Honey Bee .  That's right folks, this blog is based in the lovely city of Boston.  Less than 2 hours away from me!!! Hip, Hip, HOORAY!  I just love finding fellow food bloggers that live in New England. 


 
 
The adorable, Nicole is the brains and beauty of I Am Honey Bee.  She offers a huge variety of wonderful recipes.  I chose a cookie recipe (no surprise there!) but I was seriously on the edge of trying out Nicole's recipe for Insalata Caprese.  The cookie recipe that I chose to bake is called, Maple Walnut Oatmeal Cookies.  I mean really! - how could I NOT make such a cookie recipe!?!  Living in the heart of NH, maple anything is a delight to me.  And these cookies baked up to be a HUGE delight to me and my little family.  Yum. SERIOUS yum!

 




 
The cookies were full with maple flavor along with a soft middle with a nice crisp edge allowing for the perfect amped up oatmeal cookie.  And because I adore raisins in my oatmeal cookies I threw a bunch of those in along with the chopped walnuts that Nicole had in her cookies.  Thus the title of these cookies becomes, Maple Raisin Walnut Oatmeal Cookies....the perfect New England oatmeal cookie in my book.  Next time I may add some dry cranberries into the batter just to make it an "ALL" flavors of New England cookie. :-) 


 
 
Maple Raisin Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
(recipe slightly altered from, I Am Honey Bee)
 
Ingredients:
 
1 cup flour (I used all-purpose but Nicole used whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp real vanilla extract
1 cup maple syrup (I used 1/2 cup maple syrup and 1/2 cup granulated maple syrup)
4 cups rolled oats
1 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins (my addition)
 
Directions:
 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silipat.
 
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.  Set bowl aside.
 
3. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add in eggs one at a time, beating well in between each egg. Add in vanilla extract and maple syrup.  Beat well to combine all together.
 
4. Add in sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix well. 
 
5. Add in oatmeal and mix well.  Toss in nuts (and raisins if you so wish) and mix to combine.
 
6. Drop cookie batter by the rounded tablespoon onto prepared sheets.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges of cookies start to brown and center is still slightly moist.  Cookies will continue to bake once out of the oven and cooling.
 
Enjoy!  And ENJOY some more!




While you are enjoying your cookies please be sure to browse through my fellow Secret Recipe Club-ers blogs....they seriously ROCK! Just see the great links below..... :-)
 
Happy Maple Walnut Raisin Oatmeal Cookie Baking!

46 comments:

  1. Hi there! Stopping by to let you know I got your blog!!!!

    thanks for a great recipe, and a lot of fun browsing your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walnuts AND raisins in an oatmeal cookie?! YUMM-O!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you enjoyed these cookies!Good idea to add the raisins! I think come craisins would be great too.

    We are so close by! New England Neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband especially is a fan of maple. These sound so incredible good! I think these might be my next oatmeal cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cookie has all my favourite ingredients, definitely a winner in my book. Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flavors in this cookie! Not a big fan of oatmeal raisin so this one is definitely up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love adding maple syrup to my oatmeal, so I'm sure these cookies rock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Nicole's blog ;) And always a good choice picking a cookie recipe for SRC! These sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look like fantastic cookies! :) Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cookies sound amazing!! I love Boston!! I miss living in NY and traveling to Boston on the weekends. These cookies were a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cookies look delicious! I can almost smell them from here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great! Thanks for sharing the information. That is very helpful for increasing my knowledge in this field.
    pacman
    happy wheels
    my little pony games
    unblocked games
    hulk games
    mickey mouse games
    car games
    bike games

    ReplyDelete
  13. The combination of soy milk and bread is a most wonderful thing. I like that
    happy wheels
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete
  14. This blog is really interesting and it attracted me from the first visited
    Friv3|
    Y8 games

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit.
    Friv 4
    Friv 5
    Friv 100
    Happy Wheels

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do not know what to say, I liked your article and I hope you will have many entries or more.
    Friv 14|
    Kizi|
    Friv4school

    ReplyDelete
  17. Truyen ngon tinh hay la the loai truyen tinh cam
    Truyen teen hay la nhung truyen tinh yeu tuoi teen
    Don doc tai trang doc truyen online.

    ReplyDelete
  18. When you see the stress in work, life, friv could well be a good site to try.
    Thanks you for sharing!
    Friv Online, Friv Games, Friv.com, Friv

    ReplyDelete
  19. Posts shared useful information and meaningful life, I'm glad to be reading this article and hope to soon learn the next article. thank you
    Friv 1000

    ReplyDelete
  20. Play free Friv games flash online games flash.
    Thanks you for sharing
    Friv Games | Friv Online

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all the posts, I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice., Thanks for sharing.
    Kizi 2
    Friv 2

    ReplyDelete
  22. You need to kill time, you need entertainment. Refer to our website. hope you get the most comfort.
    Thanks you for sharing!
    Friv
    Friv Games
    Yepi 4
    Kizi 4

    ReplyDelete
  23. You need to kill time, you need entertainment. Refer to our website. hope you get the most comfort.
    Friv

    ReplyDelete
  24. you'd have time to look these kids active. Please visit our website and let us play the game interesting.
    Thanks for sharing !
    Friv 10
    Kizi 10
    Yepi 2

    ReplyDelete
  25. after hours of work tired, you need entertainment. Refer to our website. hope you get the most comfortable
    Kizi 1000

    ReplyDelete
  26. You need to kill time, you'd have time to look these kids active. Refer to our website. Hope you get the most comfort.
    Thanks for sharing !
    Friv 5
    Kizi 1
    Yepi 3

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is something special! never seen this before! thank you.
    Friv
    Kizi 4
    Friv Games

    ReplyDelete
  28. Play the Best Free Games! We've picked out the racing games, cooking games, candy crush, games shooting, fashion games, ...
    Thanks for sharing !
    Kizi 200
    Friv 1
    Y88
    Y9

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful post just there, and i've bookmarked this blog too & keep up the great job.
    Friv
    Friv

    ReplyDelete
  30. invites you to play games for a chance to win cars Corolla Altis car

    Kizi 100
    Games2Win
    Kizi 5
    Friv Games

    ReplyDelete
  31. You'd have time to look these kids active. Please visit our website and let us play the games interesting.
    Thanks you for sharing !
    Friv 100
    Friv 8
    Friv 2

    ReplyDelete
  32. You want to relax after a stressful working hours. Refer to our website. Hope you get the most comfort.
    Thanks for sharing !Y8 arcade

    ReplyDelete
  33. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic
    baixar facebook , baixar facebook gratis , facebook baixar

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet..!!
    baixar whatsapp, baixar whatsapp gratis, whatsapp baixar,

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think what you say on here is the best thing. Looking forward for our lives become increasingly more beautiful
    return man 2 game , return man 2 , return man ,

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just remember your stab at this business, should you decide to end it, is not a failure but a training ground. You will take with you what has worked and learned from what has not in order to make the next business idea a success!
    subway surfers game ,subway surfer , subway surfers ,

    ReplyDelete
  37. Life becomes more interesting and wonderful when you share your memorable moments with friends and family through unique photographs. You can create your own unique style impressed with image editing software.

    square quick , download square quick , square quick app

    ReplyDelete
  38. The article gives me a lot of interesting information. I still often share life experiences with friends. And I enjoyed the convenience and attractiveness of free messaging app
    whatsapp baixar , baixar whatsapp , baixar whatsapp gratis

    ReplyDelete
  39. Facebook has become a part of my life, not only helped me to connect with you but also where I can share every moment in life. I really like the convenience that it brings
    facebook baixar , baixar facebook , baixar facebook gratis

    ReplyDelete
  40. You'd have time to look these kids active. Please visit our website and let us play the game interesting. Thanks for sharing !
    Happy Wheels | Five Nights at Freddy’s | Friv | Kizi

    ReplyDelete
  41. Mostly people have all the same things when they are writing academic task or any other writing, especially light music most people like during the writing.
    dream league soccer download , dream league soccer apk , download dream league soccer , dream league soccer

    ReplyDelete
  42. Life becomes more interesting and wonderful when you share your memorable moments with friends and family through unique photographs. You can create your own unique style impressed with image editing software. And after hours of work stress you can also
    dr driving, dr driving baixar ,download dr driving, dr driving

    ReplyDelete
  43. You need to have time to take care of the active. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you.

    baixar banana kong , banana kong , download banana kong , banana kong download , banana kong

    ReplyDelete
  44. Many thanks for sharing the information in your blog.
    Y8Y8Y8

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis