I treasure having the opportunity of expressing and sharing some of my passions in life with others. Especially when it comes to baking and my life in the kitchen. Baking is in a sense "food for my soul." It makes me happy. It makes me sane. It makes me whole. It makes ME who I am.
As much as I love the opportunity to bake I also LOVE to share what I bake. It helps my mid-line some what under control and it provides me the delightful experience of giving to others. Today I want to share with all of you a fabulous recipe that I recently discovered from one of my all time favorite food blogs, Buns In My Oven. I have made many, many recipes from Karly's blog. She never disappoints with all of her scrumptious creations. This recipe that I honor today almost put me over the edge with baking happiness as it contains many of my most favorite ingredients. PURE maple syrup for one and then of course the addition of browned butter is completely brilliant! Maple syrup and browned butter in one recipe allows for magical and rich yumminess. The last step in this recipe calls for the addition of COLD butter pieces that have been carefully coated with ground cinnamon into the bread batter allowing for little bursts of precious cinnamon all throughout the bread. Perrrrrfection! Complete perfection. And then of course having buckets of sugary smooth glaze drizzled all over the top of the bread (with plenty of left over for your spreading pleasure on individual slices) completely tops off (literally and deliciously) the amazing bread.
Make. This. Bread. PLEASE!!!!
Glazed Maple Cinnamon Quick Bread
(Recipe from the adorable and scrumptious, Buns In My Oven)
For the bread:
2 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup browned butter
1/4 cup COLD butter, cubed
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
For the glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream (or half and half which is what I used)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp imitation maple syrup flavoring (my own addition as I wanted the glaze to taste of maple syrup too)
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in browned butter.
4. Combine wet ingredients with dry. Mix just until combined.
5. In a small bowl combine COLD butter pieces and 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon. Gently fold in coated butter pieces into the batter.
6. Pour batter into prepared bread loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
7. Make glaze while bread is baking by whisking together all glaze ingredients in a medium bowl. If necessary add in a little bit more sugar or cream to reach desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over completely cooled bread. You will have extra glaze after pouring it over the top of the bread. Eat it by the spoonful or spread it onto bread slices....it should NOT go to waste!
Happy Glazed Maple Cinnamon Bread Baking!