Often when I go to the grocery store I find myself going down the cookie aisle. And of course I check out them out because yes, I love cookies. I always think to myself, "Goodness, Avril you are nuts if you buy cookies! You can make them yourself!!" These thoughts usually steer me away from making such a crazy purchase. But then my plan of baking up a batch of cookies is tossed to the bottom of my "to do list" and there are no cookies in the cupboard. My poor family!!!
Well, don't feel bad for my family any longer because this gal (that would be me) baked up a serious batch of cookies for them recently. That's right, DOUBLE White Chocolate Walnut Cookies. I was encouraged to bake these cookies when I was browsing through my Secret Recipe Club assignment for July - Kirsten's blog called, Loving Life. What a sweetie pie that Kirsten is! I always love having a "little visit" from her when she leaves a comment on my blog. And yes, just like her lovely personality her recipes are just as delightful. I did change Kirsten's original recipe around a bit for these cookies as I was missing a few ingredients. But the beauty of this recipe is that it can easily be altered to the flavors you wish to use based on the flavor of pudding mix and chocolate chips. Pudding mix is totally in these cookies if you were wondering if you had read that last sentence correctly. And goodness does it just make the cookies into something magic! Not only does it help with the flavor of the cookies but also the soft texture of them.
You will find my slight alternations to the recipe written in red italics. Take some time out of your busy schedule and whip up this recipe. You will be happy if you do!
DOUBLE White Chocolate Walnut Cookies
(recipe slightly altered from Loving Life)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup butter, slightly softened at room temp.
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 small box instant pudding - flavor of your choice (Kirsten's girls used chocolate fudge but I used white chocolate)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chip morsels - flavor of your choice (Kirsten's girls used peanut butter chips, I used white chocolate chips)
chopped nuts - optional (I used chopped walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silapat. Set prepared baking sheets aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together well, flour, baking soda and salt. Set mixture aside.
3. In a large bowl cream butter and then add sugars and pudding mix. Beat all together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs and vanilla extract to butter/sugar mixture. Beat well all together until all is well combined.
5. Carefully incorporate flour mixture into butter/sugar/egg mixture.
6. With a wooden spoon stir in chocolate chip morsels and nuts.
7. Scoop cookie dough onto prepared sheets and bake for 10 minutes for medium cookies, 12 minutes for large cookies. Cookies will have nice golden brown edges and may appear soft in the middle when done. Cookies will firm up as they cool.
8. Allow cookies to cool for a couple minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Enjoy! And Happy DOUBLE White Chocolate Walnut Cookie Baking!