Image Map

Monday, June 23, 2014

3-Ingredient ELVIS Soft Serve Ice Cream



Elvis was a pretty special guy.  He could swing and shake his hips like no one else out there.  He had a very distinctive way to talk and of course his singing was pretty darn cool too.  He even had a love for the combo of PB and banana.  My kind of guy! I'm pretty keen on the taste of these two flavors together.  I recently discovered that Nora from Natural Noshings is also quite happy with such a combo of ingredients. Yup, Nora shares a fabulous recipe (with ONLY 3 ingredients in it!) for a soft serve ice cream just like ELVIS would've liked.  Simple. Decadent with peanut butter and banana.  And so easy to make.
 
 
 
Natural Noshings has been my most recent assignment from the Secret Recipe Club which I participate in each month.  Once again my happiness to be "introduced" to a new food blogger was above and beyond with delight.  Nora is a completely adorable young lady who has a passion in life for delicious and wholesome food along with being physically active.  She's a gem.
 
 
As I browsed and explored through Natural Noshings I started to mark recipes that caught my eye.  My list began with her Cherry Walnut Oat Muffins (anything CHERRY stops me in my tracks) and then I found myself considering to make her recipe for Mediterranean Scramble with Goat Cheese (egg dishes are just the best....especially when I'm watching my carbs). But as soon as I came across the recipe for 3-Ingredient ELVIS Soft Serve Ice Cream I knew I had found my pick.  I had just bought a beautiful jar of natural peanut butter from Trader Joe's and I had a whole bag full of frozen bananas that were calling for some recipe action.  The third ingredient that was called for in the recipe is actually an optional one as you can choose what you'd like as a topping.  Nora went with crumbled bacon pieces sprinkled on top of her frozen delight.  I went with chocolate chips.  Chopped peanuts, a drizzling of honey, a dash of ground cinnamon or even just pain old yummy chocolate sauce are just a few more ideas of what could be used as the 3rd component to this sweet.
 
 
 
 
A food processor is the machine of choice to whip up this frozen treat.  I used my nutri-bullet and after struggling a bit to get to the finished project I decided that next time I make this recipe I will indeed use the food processor as it would probably be faster and more efficient. 
 
This recipe makes enough for 2 medium size servings or 1 large serving.  I ate half of my dish and saved the rest for later covered in the freezer as it was quite filling.
 
I thank you, Dear Nora for sharing this recipe in blog land so that I too can pass it onto many others to enjoy!
 
 
 
3-Ingredient ELVIS Soft Serve Ice Cream
           (recipe from Natural Noshings)
 
Ingredients:
 
4-5 medium to large bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
2-3 Tbsps peanut butter - creamy, crunchy, salted or unsalted (your choice)
Topping of your choice - chocolate chips, chopped nuts, chocolate sauce, drizzling of honey, crumbled cooked bacon
 
Directions:
 
1. Place frozen banana slices and peanut butter into the bowl of food processor.  Mix until smooth.  Stop of scrape down the sides after a couple of seconds to make sure all bananas and PB is incorporated.
 
2.  Dish immediately into serving bowls to eat right away or place in a covered dish into the freezer. Sprinkle or spoon desired topping before eating.  Enjoy!
 
 
Happy 3-Ingredient ELVIS Soft Serve Ice Cream Making!
 
 
 
 


14 comments:

  1. Happy reveal day! I'm
    So glad you were assigned to me this month, and that you enjoyed the soft serve! It's definitely a go-to treat for me. Thank you for your sweet words, you made me blush!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick for this month's assignment! I know my husband would love this, I am more of a savory girl when it comes to peanut butter...

    Have a great Reveal Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good - and best of all - so, so easy for a great little summer dessert!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect summertime treat! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious and healthy treat!! So easy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use up all those bananas that ripen and end up in the freezer without having to turn on the oven for banana bread or muffins or cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How easy is that?!!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the name of this ice cream. So fun!
    Renee - Kudos Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a tasty combination! My little one loves all these ingredients, so I bet she'd LOVE this. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you cannot go wrong with peanut butter, chocolate and bananas. this ice cream looks amazing. and so simple!! Happy Reveal Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh delicious. I've often made frozen banana ice cream, but never thought to add peanut butter. Hmmm, could be dessert tonight :-)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are officially my son's favorite. His obsession with peanut butter and banana has been unreal--this will make the perfect healthier afternoon treat. Great pick this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post, fully informative thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is really interesting, I hope everybody lick this Post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis