Image Map

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Triple Lemon Bundt Cake #BundtBakers


It is with great honor and delight that I present to you my first post as being part of a lovely group of food bloggers called, #BundtBakers.  #BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board right here. http://www.pinterest.com/flpl/bundtbakers/ Links are also updated after each event on the BundtBaker home page. http://www.foodlustpeoplelove.com/p/bundtbakers.html


We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.  This month the lovely Anshie from SpiceRoots  has chosen the theme as "Hidden Surprise" - Bundt cakes with fillings or stuffing. There was no constraint on filling and flavor choices. The only requirement was that the cake be filled/stuffed inside.  Thank you so very, very much Anshie for all the work you put into hostessing this group this month.  It has been so much fun for me!  This month there are about 36 participants who have baked up a bundt cake with Anshie's theme of "Hidden Surprise" in mind. Please scroll to the bottom of this post to see the links to every one's cakes.  I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with.  I choose to bake a Triple Lemon Bundt Cake.  I have always loved baking with lemon.  It's fresh and light and has a lovely fragrant flavor. 
 

 If you are a lemon lover this is the cake for you as it is packed with lemon goodness both inside and out.  The cake starts off with the simplicity of a lemon pound cake that surrounds a decadent tunnel of lemon curd.  The cake is then topped off with a delicate lemon glaze. 



The beauty of this cake not only comes from it's visual presentation but also because it can feed quite a lot of hungry lemon loving mouths.  I shared the cake with my family, multiple friends and even my knitting group and I still have a nice size portion remaining.


I loved every one's happy reaction to the discovery of the surprise of the lemon curd that was slightly swirled within the cake.  The pound cake had a perfect texture that held the lemon curd enough so that it didn't fall to the bottom of the cake. If the cake had been lighter in texture it would not have worked as well. 




Grab some lemons and join me in baking up a wonderful cake that is sure to please and surprise all your lemon fans. 


Triple Lemon Bundt Cake 
(recipe slightly adapted from The Christan Science Monitor)

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
2-3 large lemons 
4 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup lemon curd (I used Dickinson's - homemade is fine too)  
1 cup powdered sugar


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan - set aside. 

Beat butter until light.  Add in sugar and beat together until light and fluffy -  about 2-3 minutes.  Add in eggs one at a time - beating well in between each egg.  

Grate rind of 2 lemons (1 will be for the cake batter, the other for the glaze) and juice enough lemons to equal 1/4 cup + 2 TBSP of juice (set aside for glaze).  Add rind of 1 lemon and 1/4 cup lemon juice to the butter, sugar and egg mixture.  Mix well all together.

In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Scrape down sides of bowl when needed.

Pour 1/2 of cake batter into prepared cake pan.  Spoon lemon curd into center of batter and then carefully run a butter knife through the curd and batter to slightly incorporate.  Spoon remaining batter over curd.  Smooth batter evenly with the back of a spoon or an off set knife. 

Bake for 50-55 minutes - the top will be golden brown and will not wiggle when shaken.  Cool cake for at least 30 minutes before inverting to a serving plate.  

While cake cools completely make glaze by combining powdered sugar, 2 TBSP lemon juice and 1/2 of the remaining grated rind. Add in more lemon juice if you wish to have thinner glaze.  Spoon glaze over completely cooled cake. Sprinkle remaining rind over glaze.  Slice and serve. 


Happy Triple Lemon Bundt Cake Baking!

Please enjoy the links below to see what my fellow #BundtBakers have created too! If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com

18 comments:

  1. A great spring and summer cake! I love that lemon curd filling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TRIPLE lemon? I'm sold! Avril, the texture of your bundt cake looks perfect, and I love the ribbon of lemon curd! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lemon flavoured anything. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a lemon bundt so much, I have made three of them on my site alone!! Yours looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm.... As soon as I saw the title of your recipe, I was excited. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing so classic and delicious as a lemon bundt cake, but adding lemon curd to it is such a great idea!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, I need a bundt pan! This looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathleen - definitely get yourself a bundt pan! It's the BEST thing ever!!! :-)

      Delete
  8. Welcome Avril, and thank you for bringing along this glorious lemony bundt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So my cake number 3 that fell because of the pineapple curd I put in it, needed you pound cake recipe :D Love the flavors and texture in your cake. Thank you for Participating this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this cake! It looks delicious....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh....my.... Avril this looks amazing. It is gorgeous of course, and the flavors? Perfectly fresh and springy! I need some of this cake - or the whole thing, whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did this month Lemon Curd and it was amazing... your bundt with this ingredient must to be incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the concept of using Lemon Curd.... Thanx for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to the group Avril! I love your cake, everything about it has my mouth watering. Absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cake just screams spring, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to the group! I really love your bundt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a sure keeper bread.my family loves it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis