Image Map

Sunday, November 21, 2010

My apologies with a Brie-lishious Appetizer

I owe apologies to both of my baking groups.....I couldn't pull it together this past week to bake a cookie recipe for the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies nor could I manage baking the Cinnamon Pudding Cake for the Cake Slice Bakers.  I'd like to just blame it on my "lack of energy" @ 32 weeks of pregnancy but the reality was that I just had too many other (unexpected) things on my plate last week.   Thus, I gave myself permission to not over do myself and just skip this past week of baking commitments.  It was NOT an easy decision. But as they say, "C'est la vie" - LIFE HAPPENS!!!

 In an effort to redeem myself I am sharing with all of you lovely people a most scrumptious appetizer.  OMYumminess this is a serious, serious appetizer that will make most (if not all) of you fall over backwards with happiness....as you wipe off the drool from your lips! ;-)

I discovered this recipe from a wonderful cooking class (Simple Holiday Recipes) that I took a few weeks ago at Kristen's Bakery with a couple of my precious girlfriends (Hey, Diane, Bridget and Julie!).  What a delight the class was! - full of fabulous recipes, lots of laughs and new discoveries.  Just priceless in every way possible.


Baked Brie with Pecan, Brown Sugar and Kaluha Glaze

Ingredients:


A wheel of Brie cheese

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1/3 cup packed brown sugar

1/3 cup of Kaluha (I used 2 nips)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, toast pecans for 5 minutes.  Stirring occasionally.

2. Add to toasted pecans, brown sugar and Kahlua - mix well to combine all together.  Lower heat to medium-low and cook for 7-10 minutes....allowing all the flavors to cook together and mixture to thicken.

3. Place wheel of Brie in an oven proof dish and pour glaze over top of cheese.  Place cheese in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese has melted and heated through.

4. Serve with your favorite crackers or sliced fresh French Bread.....



Nothing better than a unique and EASY appetizer for the holidays ahead!


Hello yumminess!!!

Happy Baked Brie with Pecans, Brown Sugar and Kaluha Glaze Baking!



14 comments:

  1. No apolgies needed my dear. You need to take care of yourself and that baby you're growing- that is MUCH more important that a cinnamon pudding cake (that wasn't that great anyway! ha ha!) or cookies anyday.

    And yes, thank you for this recipe. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, Avril it makes me want to get presentable (I'm in night sweats already) and run to the store for ingredients!!! I want some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh good idea! I've tried baking brie before around phyllo pastry and topped with fig jam. It was a huge hit at a family birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh my friend....yet more reasons to go about my stuffing-my-face-with-Brie kick....thanks ;)
    I am sending you LOTS of hugs! Take care of yourself sweetie - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had brie before I think its about time I gave it a shot! Congrats on the upcoming baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries, Avril! Hope this week is better for ya.

    You've combined two of my new found loves. Brie and alcohol in baked goods, YUM!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy these final weeks of your pregnancy and don't overwhelm yourself. Life is busy enough... the blog stuff should be a fun sidenote. PS ~ THanks for sharing this recipe. I bookmarked it to make as an appetizer on Thanksgiving! Have a super start to your week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your week sounds like mine (without the baby of course :) ) I love this appetizer!
    Thanks for your recipe - it looks delicious.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a wonderful recipe! Just perfect!
    I also missed the 12 Weeks os Christmas Cookies this weekend! And I'm afraid I'll not have time to post even an apologie recipe!
    I think in this time of the year people are getting more busy everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We can't do it all all the time! I have an award for you on my blog, I hope you will accept it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take care of yourself. That is what is important. This looks amazing. Wrap it up and send me some.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, I've never had anything like this, but I definitely see how people would love that! The flavors must be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my. A friend of mine came over for dinner last night and she brought a pastry puff wrapped baked brie with an apricot glaze. That was the first time I'd ever tried baked brie (or brie for that matter) and I am head over heels in love! Maybe I'll surprise her with this baked brie like she surprised me with the other one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis