My goodness it has been a long time since the last time I posted a recipe!! WAAAY too long! I am hiding my head in shame....but honestly my excuse is only because life has simply grabbed ahold of me and wouldn't let me deviate from taking care of my kiddios by making sure they were feed, cleaned and most importantly HAPPY! I have often looked at my computer longingly , wishing to sit down in front of it and type out a blog post but then I suddenly get pulled in another direction and then yet another day goes by without a blog post. I know you guys get it. I'm sure you totally get it as the very same thing happens to many of you mommas or not. But most importantly know that I've missed all of you! - my dear and precious followers and fellow bloggers. I've so missed you!
Anyway, upward and onward with my recipe today that I wish to share with all of you...Baked Mac and Cheese!!!! Like Chocolate Chip cookies I am always looking for a new and super yum recipe for Mac n Cheese. I make it often (from the box and from scratch) so it's fun to switch it up a bit and make a different recipe every once and awhile from the one I use most often.
This recipe is great. Full of good cheese, a dab of sour cream and even a couple eggs and viola the magic of pasta and cheese come together to form a lovely dish of Mac and Cheese. The credit of this recipe goes to the fabulous Tina of Mommy's Kitchen who found the recipe from the good ole adorable Deen Brothers (Paula must be SO proud of them!!!).
Baked Mac and Cheese
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (or small pasta of your choice)
4 cups shredded cheese - I used a mixture of Colby Jack and Cheddar (yummy combo!!)
1 cup milk - whole milk is suggested, I used 2% and it was great
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 tsp salt
dash of hot sauce - optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish - set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain pasta and return to pot that it was cooked in.
3. While pasta is still HOT add in the cheeses and stir well to combine. Spread pasta and cheese mixture into prepared baking dish.
4. Whisk together milk, sour cream, eggs, butter pieces, salt and hot sauce (if you are using it) in a medium bowl. Pour mixture over macaroni and cheese.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubble good. Let stand out of oven for 10 minutes before serving.
Happy Baked Mac and Cheese!