I like chewy cookies. I like oatmeal. I also like peanut butter. AND I even like raisins! Some people don't like any of these foods mentioned above (how can you NOT like cookies?!...I mean really!). Some people only like one of said foods from above and well, some people don't like the combination of oatmeal, peanut butter and raisins put together. And that's just fine. But, if you are into having a chewy and healthy cookie that fills you up and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner than this cookie recipe is for you. Yes, YOU!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used smooth)
4 cups oatmeal
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together softened butter and sugars. Add in eggs and vanilla extract - mix until well combined.
3. Add in remaining ingredients to the butter/sugar/egg/vanilla extract mixture.
4. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat. Scoop out cookie dough with desired size scoop (I used a small and medium scoop from Pampered Chef).
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are done. Allow cookies to sit on cookie sheets for a couple of minutes before removing.
Store in an air-tight container with a nice piece of soft bread (which helps the cookies stay soft and chewy).
Happy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Baking!