Today I am sharing with you a bar recipe that will seriously...Change. Your. World. I'm reaching out particularly to those of you that enjoy a good brownie. I am also reaching out to those of you that enjoy a good chocolate chip cookie. For those of you that enjoy BOTH brownies and cc cookies hold onto your hats because this treat of a recipe has BOTH of them in it....thus the name BROOKIE comes alive.
Oh yeah....first you have a layer of brownie and then a layer of chocolate chip cookies together they become a union of sinfully delicious yumminess.
How in the world can you resist such a treat like this?!? Unless you don't like chocolate....there are a few of you out there in the world (which is totally fine, more chocolate for me!).
(This fabulous recipe was found @ Shugary Sweets)
Brownie Layer Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cups butter, melted
1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
Cookie Layer Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco (butter can be substituted if need be)
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp real vanilla extract
2 Tbsp milk
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chocolate chips
1. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Make brownie layer by combining ALL "brownie ingredients" in a large bowl. Mix until just combined. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan.
3. Make cookie layer by beating Crisco and brown sugar together until well combined. Add in vanilla extract, milk and egg. Slowly add in flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Once all dry ingredients are combined to the wet stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop cookie dough batter by the spoonful (I used a small ice cream scoop) evenly over brownie batter layer....
5. Pop in oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until brownie edges have come away from the edge of the baking pan.
Cool completely before cutting into squares. Putting the pan of Brookies in the refrigerator is a great way to speed up the process as recommended by Aimee.
SOOOOO good!!! And just a little FYI, a small piece of this treat will make your eyes roll back in your head. BIG pieces are optional. ;-)
Happy Brookie Baking!