Image Map

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pumpkies (the cutest name ever)

I mean seriously doesn't it make you want to say, "ahhh" when you hear the word pumpkie?  I just love that word! And I love what a pumpkie actually is! Can you guess what it is? It is not a cookie.  Not cake. Not even a mini pie.  It's a.....brownie!  Yes, a pumpkin brownie! A lovely, sweet and easy to make pumpkin brownie.  A Pumpkie.  Go ahead, you can say it - it will make you smile. :-)


Want the recipe? I know you do!

Pumpkies
(recipe from Mother Thyme - I so LOVE Jennifer's blog)

Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 baking pan - set aside.

2. Beat butter until light and fluffy - about 2-3 minutes.  Add in sugar, egg and pumpkin puree.  Mix all together until well combined.

3. Add in flour, spices and salt to your pumpkin mixture.  Mix all together until well combined.

4. Pour batter into prepared pan and then pop into preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.  Cool as much as you wish and serve.

*I served mine slightly warm and wished that I had some freshly whipped cream to dollop on top as I think that would have been super yummy...next time I will do so!



Happy Pumpkies Baking!




11 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never heard of a pumpkin brownie before. I love it. And I also love that they're called pumpkies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a recipe a few weeks ago that claimed it was a pumpkin brownie. I was so disappointed. I am so excited to make your recipe. Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really a cute name and they look delicious. I am new to your blog and have spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post reminded me of that Shirley Temple song..."you're my honey bunch, sugar plum, pumpi-umpi-umpkin, you're my sweetie pie..." This looks so fabulously fall my dear friend. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, I would love that for a treat this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look WONDERFUL and I love the name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That IS the cutest name ever! Saying that really did make me smile. They look yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! i love the name! They sound so darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pumpkin brownie??? I must have this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made a recipe a few weeks ago that claimed it was a pumpkin brownie. I was so disappointed. I am so excited to make your recipe. Looks so delicious! black and yellow punjabi suit , black shalwar kameez for girl ,

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis