Image Map

Monday, October 31, 2011

It Is Secret Recipe Club Time!

Recently I joined a fun cooking group online called, The Secret Recipe Club.  Oh. My. Goodness what fun! I was assigned a LOVELY blog and from that blog I got to choose a recipe to make and then share with all of you.  But I couldn't reveal the blog or the recipe until today!  So without any further waiting my secret recipe for today is, Mini Pumpkin Muffins....




.... from the wonderful blog, Everyday Sisters. :-)

Not only did I enjoy this recipe (as I am sure you guys will too) but I fell head over heels in love with this blog!  Four (yes, FOUR...two of which are identical twins and all four of which are just lovely inside and out -  I can tell by their sweet smiles.) sisters have created and contribute to Everyday Sisters. All of them are just lovely - I feel like I know them personally now that I have been following them for the past month.  I felt honored to get to know them via their blog.  I love the variety of recipes that they offer such as Bistro Style Pasta Neapolitano (super yum looking and simple to throw together), White Zinfandel Sangria (one of my all time favorite kinds of drinks...the recipe lots so GOOD!) and Blueberry Cheesecake (which won an award!).  Yup, I did a lot of drooling as I looked through their blog. So many yummy recipes!! :-)

 
I loved these Mini Pumpkin Muffins! These little gems only required 5 ingredients - simple, yummy and fun.  Nothing better than that. Amen! And because they were so yummy and simple to make I made a batch to send to my oldest daughter's Halloween party at school today. I think all the kiddos will love them!

Mini Pumpkin Muffins
(recipe from Everyday Sisters)


Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil (I used canola)
sunflower seeds - optional - (I used chocolate covered sunflower seeds as that is what I had on hand... which worked out pretty well!)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease mini muffin tins or line with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for sunflower seeds. Mix until well combined. 
3. Stir into batter sunflower seeds or you can wait until muffin batter has been scooped into tins.
4. Scoop batter into muffin tins.  I did so with my small scoop from Pampered Chef.

5. Bake for 11-13 minutes.  Cool for a couple of minutes in pan and then remove to serve and enjoy.



YUM!

A special thank you to Ellen, Nanci, Karen and Susan from Everyday Sisters for being part of the Secret Recipe Club so that I could have you as my first Secret Recipe Club blog.  Also, I'd like to thank Amanda who created this cooking club and Tami for hostessing my group.  I can't wait to find out which blog I get for the month of November!

Happy Mini Pumpkin Muffin Baking!

14 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin muffins looks fabulous! I have been seeing and reading a lot about Secret Recipe Club. Will go and have a look! Thanks for sharing. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, love, love your post! You are just too sweet. I was visiting all the blogs that participated in the SRC and almost didnt even recognize our muffins. LOL I absolutely love the addition of the chocolate covered sunflowers. So cute and great for kids!

    Thank you again for your super sweet post. I now of course am following you too!

    Ellen

    http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How festive and fun for Halloween today! Glad to have been a part of this month's SRC and thank you for stopping by my blog as well. Can't wait to peruse yours more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute and great SRC recipe choice.


    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Group 'A' & 'C' SRC recipes this month: Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies and Thin Mint Irish Coffee.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so colorful and cute! love that they are mini!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Group C but I'm an honorary Group D this week. Welcome to SRC. super adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those chocolate covered sunflower seeds took those beautifies to a different level. I have been drooling over pumpkin recipes for a long time. I am gonna give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mm chocolate covered sunflower seeds! Perfect addition!

    Great Recipe for Group D's Reveal Day for Secret Recipe Club!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving this recipe! Simple,delicious and they look so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these look absolutely delicious, what a great choice for SRC! Love your blog, so glad to be a new follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how your sunflower seeds add so much color! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never would have guessed those were sunflower seeds!!! Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are cute! I've seen this group popping up everywhere. How does one get involved with this club? I'm glad you are having a great time with it so far!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis