Image Map

Monday, March 26, 2012

Fluffernutter Blondies (for the Secret Recipe Club)

I have a delightful treat of a recipe for you today! Yum, yum, YUM....Fluffernutter Blondies.  I found this recipe on the blog, The Spiffy Cookie that was assigned to me this month through the Secret Recipe Club. Definitely a recipe to make for those that you love, that you adore, that you know REAL well and even those that you may just know by name.  You will make ALL of them happy with these blondies (except those that are allergic to peanut butter as there is indeed PB in them as predicted by the name of these treats).  When you bite into one of these bars you will take a double take to the treat in your hand as you will think you just took a bite of a fluffernutter sandwich.  The taste of peanut butter and fluff melts in your mouth as you enjoy


The owner of The Spiffy Cookie, Erin is just adorable!  She is a graduate student that just adores to cook and bake - hmmm, sounds like someone else I know! Erin has worked hard on filling her blog with lots and lots of recipes.  Definitely take a moment to hop over to blog to check out her recipes. Also be sure to keep your eyes open for the gorgeous pottery in some of her pictures as SHE is one that has made them! Erin is an all around talented
gal. :-)

Fluffernutter Blondies
(recipe from The Spiffy Cookie)

Ingredients:

8 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened + 2 Tbsp for melting
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 cup flour
1/4 + 1/3 cup peanut butter, divided
1/2 cup marshmallow creme (otherwise known as, fluff)
1/4 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 pan (I used a 9x9 pan with success) - set pan aside.

2. Cream together 8 Tbsp butter, white and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Add in eggs and vanilla extract - mix to combine. Add in salt and flour - again mix until incorporated. Next add in 1/4 cup peanut butter.

3. Pour batter into prepared pan.

4. In a small sauce pan add in the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter, 1/3 cup peanut butter and marshmallow creme.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly as it melts until it is smooth.  Drizzle this lovely mixture over the batter in the prepared pan.

5. With a knife swirl the peanut butter/fluff melted mixture into the blondie batter.  Lastly, sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the top.


Pop pan into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes (23 minutes was just right for my blondies). Cool completely before cutting into bars.



Yum!  Enjoy!


Happy Fluffernutter Blondies Baking!

20 comments:

  1. Those do sound amazing...peanut butter and fluff is my favorite kind of sandwich:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up on fluffernutter sandwiches--these blondies are going on my "must try" list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed these! And thanks so much for all of the praise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had a fluffernutter sandwich before...just discovered marshmallow fluff last year :) These look great. Will have to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yum, these sound fantastic! i loved fluffernutter sandwiches growing up, so i know I'd love these. will definitely have to try 'em. so glad to have found your blog (the awesome recipe I got from it!) from the SRC, avril!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look wonderful!! I see myself making these this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! These sound perfect for someone with an insatiable sweet tooth. Perfect for a summertime treat, outdoors after dinner, by the bonfire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Avril these look amazing! Can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THese sound absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness these look fantastic - yum! I wish I had found these before the A-Z challenge in April - I was looking for an F for awhile. haha These are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect blondie combo, love fluffernutter sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a dessert my kids would go gaga for! What a fabulous combination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, these sound decadent! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh YUM!! I want a piece right now! Good thing it is late or I would make me a batch right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never ate a fluffernutter sandwich, but I'd totally go for one of your blondies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been in love with blondies lately. I never ate them growing up but I have been hooked now. I have to put this on my must make list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just made some homemade marshmallow fluff last week - random, I know - but I bet I could use it for these! We just launched the all new seasonalpoluck.com and I'd love if you would check it out! April is peas month, so if you have any great pea recipes, join the fun and link up! We'd love to have you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis