Image Map

Monday, May 28, 2012

Honey Vanilla Pudding

Hello there friends! Today I have a lovely pudding recipe for all of you to enjoy. It is flavored with honey and vanilla...yum!  I was delighted to find this recipe on Oh! You Cook! (my Secret Recipe Club assignment for this past month of May).  Recently a dear friend of mine gave me a beautiful bottle of local honey so when I came across Dena's recipe for this pudding which featured honey I knew exactly what I would be making from her blog.

Oh! You Cook! is full of wonderful recipes.  I had lots of fun browsing through Dena's creations.  I was also delighted to discover that she is about to produce her very own cook book! Her cook book will be focused on Kosher crock pot recipes.  Brilliant!



Honey Vanilla Pudding
(recipe from Oh! You Cook!)

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp corn starch
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups milk - divided
1 egg yolk
1/3 cup honey
1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Combine cornstarch and salt in a small bowl - whisk together.  Slow whisk in 1/4 cup of the milk to create a slurry. *Set aside.

2. In a small bowl add in egg yolk and gently stir to loosen.  Set aside.

3. Over medium heat place a sauce pan to heat up the remaining 1 3/4 cup milk. Add milk and honey and stir to incorporate. Stir frequently.

4.  Heat milk and honey until steam develops and small bubbles form all around the edges of the milk. Add in cornstarch/milk mixture to the heated milk and honey. (*Be sure to whisk the cornstarch and milk mixture before adding to the heated milk as it may have separated as it sat waiting for the next step).  Mixture will thicken quickly once the cornstarch mixture has been added - be sure to stand by and stir so that milk does not burn nor stick to the bottom of the pan.  Remove pan from heat once your pudding has reached a good thickness.

5. Temper the egg yolk by adding in a couple spoonfuls - one at a time - stirring well with each addition.  This is an important step as you don't want to curdle your pudding by adding in a "cold" egg yolk.

6. Stir in tempered egg yolk to the thickened pudding - which is no longer over heat.  Add in vanilla extract and stir.  

7. Pour pudding into small bowls.  Serve warm or cold.  Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon or whipped cream and berries if you wish.

Enjoy!



Happy Honey Vanilla Pudding Eating!


12 comments:

  1. Yum! I love vanilla so much I would be tempted to double it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love honey and vanilla so this looks like my kind of dessert. Love the second picture with the berries on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh I love this! I fall for anything honey. Great SRC pick Avril!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making my pudding look fabulous.

    And XOXO for the shout-out about my cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've always wanted to write my own cook book! haha.. and to make my own vanilla pudding. love it.

    happy SRC reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hosting a giveaway over at my blog and would love for you to stop by and participate.

    http://www.myhobbielobbie.com/2012/05/my-200th-blog-post-and-my-1st-ever.html

    Looking forward to seeing you there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, yum! this sounds just wonderful + I love that you were able to use local honey for it. lovely pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! I think it would be fun to make homemade pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so delicious and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum - that last picture really made me want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, what a delicious sounding pudding! yum! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious, I will try it out. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis