Calling all bundt cake lovers! Yooo-hooo! Yes, I am reaching out to those of you that enjoy the beauty and simplicity of a good ole fashioned bundt cake. And this bundt cake recipe is to die for yummy-licious, this I can promise you. Ripe bananas, shredded coconut, pineapple chunks along with toasted pecans all make up this lovely cake.
And of course a lovely glaze to make the whole cake just perfect is also part of this recipe.
My theory behind the name of this cake is that hummingbirds love all of these sweet ingredients that make up this cake. What do you think?
Grab a bowl, your apron, a couple of ripe bananas and fire up your oven. It's Hummingbird Bundt Cake time!
Hummingbird Bundt Cake
(recipe slightly adapted from myrecipes.com)
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
2 cups flour
2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 4 large bananas)
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple (I used chunk pineapple and just cut the chunks into 1/3's as I like my pineapple pieces to be bigger than the "crushed" pineapple)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp milk
1. Grease and flour 14 cup bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake pecans in a single layer on a cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant - stir half-way through.
2. In a large bowl stir together flour and next 4 ingredients. Add in eggs and next 4 ingredients - stir all together until dry ingredients are moistened.
3. Sprinkle 1 cup of toasted pecans into prepared bundt pan. Spoon cake batter over nuts.
4. Bake cake (at 350 degrees F.) for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan and cooling completely.
5. Prepare glaze by beating cream cheese and sifted powdered sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla extract and then 1 Tbsp of milk. Beat all together. Add in more milk to your preference of consistency. Pour glaze over cooled cake and sprinkle with remaining chopped and toasted pecans.
Serve with happiness!
Happy Hummingbird Bundt Cake Baking!