Can you believe it!?! I am actually blogging about something savory today! Not sweet but savory! Honestly, I couldn't help myself. I found the recipe for these little yummy treasure bites on Megan's blog called, Cooking Whims. Cooking Whims was my Secret Recipe Club assignment for this past month. What fun I have had browsing through Megan's blog! Megan lives in New England (the Boston area) and it always makes me happy when I find a fellow food blogger from New England. Megan also has a soft spot for all things sweet. Hello HAPPINESS!
I almost made her Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies but then realized that maybe I should make something with banana in it as I had a lot of VERY ripe bananas that needed to be used. I looked closely at her recipe for Chocolate Swirled Banana Bread until I realized that I needed something with veggies for dinner that night. Thus I ended up making these fabulous Broccoli Cheddar Bites. Everyone loved them! The kiddos loved dipping them in Honey Mustard sauce and the adults enjoyed just popping them right into their mouth. These bites can easily be served as an appetizer or a side dish. No matter what they will disappear fast!
I thank Megan for all her dedicated work that she has put into her food blog. I thoroughly enjoyed "visiting her" and discovering lots of new recipes that I can't wait to make in my near future!
Broccoli Cheddar Bites
(recipe found on Cooking Whims)
1 (16 oz.) package of frozen broccoli florets, cooked according to package directions (I used 2 cups of fresh broccoli, steamed and cut up)
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese)
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper.
2. Prepare broccoli - cool and chop up into uniform small pieces.
3. In a medium bowl combine beaten eggs, broccoli, cheese and bread crumbs with a wooden spoon until well combined.
4. Scoop batter into balls with a medium size scoop or spoon and place onto prepared cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with the back of your hand to create a patty or leave as is for a rounder "bite".
5. Bake for 15 minutes and then flip bites. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Cool slightly and enjoy!
Happy Broccoli Cheese Bites Baking!
Enjoy the recipes below that my fellow Secret Recipe Club members made this past month too!