Image Map

Monday, July 6, 2015

Ginger Peach Baked Oatmeal (SRC)


I eat oatmeal at least 4 times a week.  It fills me up, gives me the energy to start my day and it's delicious.  I often put dry fruit in it as it cooks and bubbles away on the stove top.  The dried fruit sweetens the oatmeal naturally so that all I need is a drizzle of real maple syrup on top and my breakfast is complete. 

As I browsed through, A Taste of Madness, my July assignment for the Secret Recipe Club, I immediately became smitten with Cathleen's recipe for Ginger Nectarine Baked Oatmeal.  As stated above, oatmeal is truly my go to meal for breakfast, so the idea of baking up a whole pan of oatmeal packed with yummy flavors of ginger and fruit definitely appealed to me.  I was not disappointed.  The recipe was simple, quick and super yummy.  I made a few small changes to the recipe - I used peaches instead of nectarines, maple syrup in place of brown sugar and lastly half almond milk and half 2% milk instead of all milk.  I will definitely be making this recipe again and I highly recommend it too all my oatmeal eating and loving readers to do the same.


Another recommendation I am encouraging you all to do is to take some time to browse through all the recipes on A Taste of Madness.  Cathleen has a fantastic collection of recipes!  I adore the fact that there is a large number of recipes for ice cream and for donuts too.  I have gathered ingredients together to make Blueberry Pudding Ice Cream along with the Salt and Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas.  Both recipes make my mouth water!


I thank you, Dear Cathleen,  for such a wonderful baked oatmeal recipe.  My family and I enjoyed every bite!

Ginger Peach Baked Oatmeal
(recipe slightly altered from A Taste of Madness)

Ingredients:
3 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup real maple syrup (or brown sugar)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (1/3 cup if you use brown sugar)
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup almond milk
1 cup milk (any combination of milk is fine as long as you have 2 cups of "milk" in all)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe peaches (or nectarines), diced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.

In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients and then add in wet ingredients.  Stir to combine well.  Gently mix in diced peaches.  Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until middle is set.  Cool slightly, serve and enjoy!


Happy Ginger Peach Baked Oatmeal Baking!

<!-- end InLinkz script —>

15 comments:

  1. I am a huge baked oatmeal fan, and this one looks amazing...great flavor, love the peaches to make it perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... baked oatmeal? Never heard of it until now. I'll have to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge oatmeal fan too and love the idea of adding peaches - great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love oatmeal, but have yet to try it baked. I bet it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, you chose my absolute FAVORITE baked oatmeal recipe (and I have quite a few..) I am so glad you enjoyed it! Which reminds me.. I should make this again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to start the day!! This sounds so delicious! Great pick this month, Avril!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making baked oatmeal - I need to try these flavor combos next time I do it.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Five new sports have been added to the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020: karate, baseball/softball,
    sport climbing , skateboarding and surfing.TOKYO 2020 GAMES’ SCHEDULE

    The number of Olympic Games sports has grown from nine at the first Olympic Games in 1896, to 33 to be contested
    at the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.

    THANK YOU so much for your highlights! I enjoyed reading your highlights and insights and look forward to more!
    See you in Tokyo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. this is often truly an excellent read on behalf of me . I even have bookmarked it and that i am looking forward to reading new articles. continue the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. من بين الشركات المتميزة في مجال تصنيع العبوات المعدنية في مصر تبرز شركة بلاستيك هوم. تعتبر بلاستيك هوم واحدة من شركات تصنيع العبوات المعدنية الرائدة في هذا القطاع، حيث تتميز بتقديم منتجات عالية الجودة ومبتكرة تلبي متطلبات العملاء. تقوم بلاستيك هوم بتصنيع عبوات معدنية للمواد الغذائية والمشروبات والمنتجات الصناعية، وتعمل على تقديم حلول تعبئة موثوقة وعملية لعملائها.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 24kbet login offers a seamless betting experience for enthusiasts worldwide, starting with the straightforward 24kbet login process. Users can access their accounts with ease, allowing them to explore the platform's extensive range of betting options and exciting promotions. With a simple username and password, users can dive into the world of online sports betting and begin placing bets on their favorite sports events.

    For users seeking personalized assistance and support, 24kbet agent provides access to dedicated agents who are ready to assist with any queries or concerns. These knowledgeable agents offer guidance on betting strategies, provide insights into upcoming events, and ensure that users have a fulfilling and enjoyable betting experience. By connecting with a 24kbet agent, users can receive tailored assistance and maximize their betting potential.

    One of the highlights of the 24kbet promotion experience is the array of enticing promotions available to users. From welcome bonuses for new users to ongoing promotions for loyal customers, 24kbet offers a variety of incentives to enhance the betting experience. These promotions may include bonus bets, cashback offers, and special deals on selected sports events, providing users with additional value and excitement.

    To get started on 24kbet create account , users can easily create an account in just a few simple steps. By providing basic information and verifying their identity, users can set up their accounts quickly and securely. Once registered, users gain access to a world of betting opportunities, personalized promotions, and dedicated customer support, making 24kbet a premier destination for online sports betting enthusiasts.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis