Terri of Love and Confections chose this month's theme for the Bundt Baker's ---> SPRINKLES!! "If it can be sprinkled and used to decorate a Bundt inside or out, then it's fair game" were the guidelines given by sweet Terri. I couldn't be more delighted with this theme. Sprinkles on top makes everything better is what I believe. Don't you?! Not only does sprinkles make ice cream, whipped cream, cake or cupcakes look fancy and pretty but also yummy and special too. Thank you, Terri for picking such a brilliant theme this month!
Right away I knew I wanted to use the chocolate sprinkles I had in my pantry from King Arthur Flour. Some sprinkles can have a very bland and stale taste but NOT the chocolate sprinkles from King Arthur. These chocolate little treasures are like mini chocolate kisses landing on your tongue when eaten. I honestly think they are the BEST sprinkles ever! Paired with these sprinkles I thought it only appropriate to bake a recipe from King Arthur Flour and I knew exactly which one I wanted to bake - Chocolate Zucchini Cake. I had baked this cake earlier this summer and was astonished at how simple and delicious the recipe came out. It was not only moist but decadent. Cocoa powder along with semi-sweet chocolate chips and espresso powder all make up the rich chocolate flavor and then the zucchini and sour cream added into the batter allows for a ultra moist cake. This is a cake that you will make once and then make again and again. You can bake it in a 9x13 or a bundt pan - either way is perfectly fine.
Frost the cake with chocolate chips that are melted onto the warm cake (as the original recipe calls for) or glaze it with a simple vanilla glaze and sprinkle it with SPRINKLES as I did. Either way is delicious. Also, keep in mind that you can use whole pastry flour instead of all-purpose flour - I used half whole wheat and half AP flour and it gave the cake a wonderful texture and flavor.
Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake with Sprinkles
(recipe from King Arthur Flour)
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup canola oil
1 3/4 cup sugar (I used 1 1/2 cups sugar - I also have used 1 cup maple syrup and 1/2 cup sugar with great success)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream, buttermilk or yogurt
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa or Dutch-process cocoa
2 tsp espresso powder, optional but tasty
3 cups shredded zucchini (about a 10" zucchini)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Vanilla Glaze Ingredients:
2 Tbsp butter, melted
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp milk (more or less if needed for desired consistency)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bundt pan and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and oil until smooth. Add in sugar, vanilla extract, baking soda and powder and salt until smooth. Beat in eggs.
Add in sour cream, buttermilk or yogurt alternately with the flour. Add in cocoa and espresso powder, mixing until all is smooth.
Gently fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared pan and place into oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center.
Mix up glaze while cake is cooling completely. In a medium bowl combine all glaze ingredients - except for the sprinkles - mix until smooth. Pour glaze over cooled bundt and then sprinkle with sprinkles. Serve with happiness!
- Black Onyx Bundt Cake from Living the Gourmet
- Bourbon Walnut Pound Cake from Magnolia Days
- Bubblegum Frosted Funfetti Vanilla Bean Bundt from Baking in Pyjamas
- Bundt Cake Extra Chocolateado from la mejor manera de hacer...
- Celebration Confetti Bundt Cake from Cali's Cuisine
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Sprinkled Pink Glaze from la cocina de Aisha
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake from Tea and Scones
- Chocolate Sprinkles Sour Cream Bundt Cake from Spice Roots
- Chocolate Walnut Cake with Sprinkles from FoodJam
- Confetti Bundt Cake with Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting from How to Philosophize with Cake
- Crazy Coco Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Eggless Fingermillet Chocolate Bundts with Sprinkles from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Eggless Vanilla Confetti Bundt Cake from SimplyVeggies
- Funfetti Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Funfetti Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food & Cooking
- 'Guild the Lily' Bundt from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Irish Butter Chocolate Sprinkle Cake with Ganache from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Jammin' Jimmies Bundt from Noshing With The Nolands
- Nutella Bundt with Nutella Glaze from Food Lust People Love
- Oatmeal Cookie Bundt Cake with Sprinkles from The Spiced Life
- Orange Dreamscicle Confetti Cake from Our Good Life
- Pistachio Sprinkled Bundt Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red Velvet Sprinkle Explosion Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Sprinkled Jelly Donut Bundt Cake from Making Miracles
- Sprinkled Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Sprinkles of Love Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Sprinkled Bundt Cake from The Freshman Cook
- Vanilla Bundt Cake with Sprinkles from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Vanilla Mini Bundts from Passion Kneaded
- Watermelon Bundt Cake from Eat, Drink and Be Mighty
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.