Sunday night I was craving a dish with chicken and mushrooms - don't ask me why.....that's just what I wanted. So, I made my way over to one of my favorite places to find a recipe - Tasty Kitchen. If you have yet to discover this site don't delay any longer and take time out of your day to do so. TK is fabulous!- it is jam packed with a HUGE aray of recipes. It's HEAVEN for me.
After searching for just a matter of minutes I came across this recipe that I am about to share with you below. It comes from an adorable member of TK named "Siggy Spice" - and guess what!? - she has an adorable or so scrumptious blog too!!!! Check her out....go ahead I dare ya!
Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce
(discovered on Siggy Spice's blog)
Egg noodles (I used about 1/2 of a large bag)
2 tbsp flour, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut into 1" pieces
1 (8oz) package mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp dried tarragon, basil or parsley (I used parsley because that's what I had on hand)
1 tbsp minced garlic - fresh or from a jar (I used 2 cloves fresh garlic)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
grated parmesan cheese - for topping
1. In a medium size bowl combine 1 tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper - stir to combine. Toss in chicken to coat.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute for a good 4 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3. With the same pan from the chicken add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add mushrooms and spice of choice. Saute for 2 minutes, then add garlic and saute for an additional minute or so until any liquid evaporates and the mushrooms darken. Be sure NOT to burn the garlic.
4. Add wine to the pan; cook for 1 minute - scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
5. Add remaining flour - stir constantly. Add in remaining salt and pepper and then chicken broth. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened - which happens fast so stir frequently.
6. Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Uncover; cook for 1 minute or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
7. Cook egg noodles according to package directions and add to hot chicken/mushroom mixture. Cook all together for a couple minutes to thoroughly combine the yumminess of the sauce from the chicken/mushroom mixture.
8. Serve topped with cheese.
Feeds about 4 healthy servings.
Yummy YUM yum!
***And one of the best parts of this scrumptious dish is that it is low in calories - only 350 calories per serving
Happy Chicken and Mushrooms with White Wine Sauce Cooking!