For the 11th week of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies.....
....I present to you Strawberry Swirl Blondie's! A treat of all treats these blondie's are....a rich buttery taste with a lovely ribbon of strawberry jam through it. Super easy to throw together with basic ingredients that are right there in your pantry. And, the very BEST part of this recipe is that if you don't have strawberry jam you can easily substitute another flavor of jam - such as peach, apricot, raspberry or even blueberry. The original recipe actually called for raspberry jam but because I had a HUGE jar of strawberry jam and no raspberry jam I used strawberry jam instead.
Strawberry Swirl Blondie's
(recipe adapted from Let's Dish)
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, unsalted
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup strawberry jam (or jam of your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Over low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Remove fully melted butter from heat. Stir in sugar into melted butter until dissolved.
4. Quickly whisk in eggs and vanilla extract to butter/sugar mixture.
5. Stir in flour mixture to the egg/butter/sugar mixture - just until combined.
6. Spread batter into prepared pan. Spoon jam over batter and then swirl into batter with a butter knife to create a marbled effect.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from the center of pan. Cool before cutting into squares and serving.
Happy Strawberry Swirl Blondie's Baking!
Week 11 Twelve Weeks of Christmas: