Did you know that the month of October is National Cookie Month?! How fun and yummy! In honor of such a special month I want to share with you a lovely Fall flavored cookie recipe along with a fabulous cookie giveaway from Tate's Bake Shop.
Last December I had the opportunity of receiving a variety of cookies from Tate's along with their wonderful cookbook - as seen here. When I was contacted once again to review one of their newest kind of cookies -Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Chip - I jumped for joy! Dark Chocolate is one my all time favorite kinds of chocolate. Honestly, I like any kind of chocolate but dark chocolate is pretty special.
Let me tell you when I took my first bite of one of these cookies my eyes feel back into my head with happiness. SO good! The cookies are chewy yet crisp - the best of both worlds. And the taste is perfect - not too sweet with plenty of dark chocolate chips throughout the
If you would like THREE (yes, THREE) bags of these cookies along with the Tate's Bake Shop cookbook please feel free to enter this giveaway. You can do so three ways...
1. Leave a comment at the end of this post. Any kind of happy comment is welcome.
2. Follow Tate's Bake Shop on Facebook here (just let me know that you've become a follower of Tate's via another comment below).
3. Become a follower of Baking and Creating with Avril on FB - make sure to leave a comment on my FB page to let me know you are one of my newest followers.
That's THREE opportunities to win this giveaway! You can do it!
Winner will be chosen this coming Sunday evening (10.16.11) - all entries must be received by 12 noon on Sunday. Winner will be announced Sunday night. I can't wait to find out who the winner is!
AND the good news is that everyone that reads this post can go over to Tate's e-bakery and order anything they would like with a 15% off discount for the remainder of the month of October. Just enter "COOKIE" at checkout.
Now I get to share with you the fun Fall cookie recipe I recently made. This cookie recipe would be a great treat for kids, especially for an after school snack as these cookies are super easy to make and bake in a jiffy!
Apple Cinnamon Chip Cookies
(recipe slightly adapted from So Domesticated)
2 Granny Smith apples (or any kind of baking apple), peeled and chopped
1 tsp lemon juice - keeps the chopped apples from browning
3 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup half and half (I used 2% milk instead with success)
1 cup cinnamon chips (I added this to the original recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly spray with non-stick baking oil.
2. Peel and chop apples into small pieces. Place apples in a bowl and toss with lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together Bisquick, both sugars and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
4.Whisk together half and half (or milk) and egg. Pour into Bisquick mixture and stir to combine.
5. Add in chopped apples and cinnamon chips. Stir to combine.
6. With a medium ice cream scoop, drop dollops of cookie batter onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Makes a good 2 dozen cookies. Store cookies covered in a tightly sealed container.
Happy Apple Cinnamon Chip Cookie Baking!
And good luck with the Tate's Bake Shop giveaway! :-)