Image Map

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Super EASY and Super YUMMY Chicken Chili

Recently as I was browsing through one of my favorite food sites, Tasty Kitchen, I came up upon a lovely recipe for Chicken Chili.  The list of ingredients were very simple (all of which I had on hand) and it was put together in a crock pot. I was sold!  Simple ingredients, easy prep and slow cooker friendly - I couldn't ask for anything better. 



I altered the original recipe from TK member, forevernowandthen, in a couple of places. The original recipe called for a large (16 oz.) jar of salsa of which I didn't have so I used a small jar of salsa and a can of Rotel tomatoes.  The original recipe also called for 2 cans of white beans - I only had 1 can of white beans so I added a can of light kidney beans.  I have to say my alterations resulted in a very yummy meal.

Chicken Chili
(recipe altered from Forever Now and Then )

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken, diced and cooked
1 jar (16 oz.) salsa  (I used a small jar of salsa and 1 can Rotel tomatoes)
1 1/2 lbs Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (you could easily use a combo of Monterey and Cheddar cheese instead of all Monterey)
2 cans (15 oz. each) white beans (I used 1 can white beans and 1 can light kidney beans)

Directions:

1.  Place all ingredients (cooked chicken, salsa, cheese, beans) in crock pot and stir well to combine.

2. Cook on low for 2-3 hours.  Stir one about half way through the cooking period.

Serve with  tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream (if you wish).  Enjoy!

Happy Chicken Chili Making!

4 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic for these wonderfully welcome fall days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow cooker recipe! YAY!!! We love chicken chili!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tasty Kitchen! This looks so yummy and SO easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Chicken Chili, this looks like a perfect meal for the middle of the week. Can't wait to make this. Is the weather cooling down up there? :)
    mickey

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis