I don't know about you but I LOVE anything with lemons.....especially when it is sweet.... (BIG surprise!). These bars are very easy to make and taste even better as time goes on. I recommend that you wait at least 12 hours/overnight before you cut into these little delites (take note there is nothing "light" about these bars as far as calories/fat is concerned - :-).
1 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 stick butter (unsalted), melted
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp lemon juice (I used 2 Meyer lemons, regular lemons are fine too)
2 tsp lemon zest
powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, powdered sugar and salt. Stir in the melted butter and then press into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes (just until the crust becomes light brown).
3. Reduce oven temp. to 300 degrees F
4. In a medium bowl, mix together granulated sugar, 2 tbsp flour, eggs, lemon juice and zest. Pour this lemon mixture over the crust and bake for 20-25 minutes (until set).
5. Lightly dust with powdered sugar and cool completely. Store in refrigerator. Again, take note that these bars taste best after cooling overnight in the refrigerator.
Happy Lemon Bar baking!
Note: This recipe was discovered on Sugarcrafter's blog - don't you just love her name!?! Be sure to check out her blog. :-)