Blueberry picking season would not be the same if I didn't make my dear friend, Cindy's lovely Blueberry Pudding Cake recipe. It's not only absolutely OUT -OF- THIS -WORLD yummy but it is quick and easy peasy (as Cindy would say!) to make. LOVE it!...as I know you will too. :-)
Blueberry Pudding Cake
(recipe from the amazing Cindy L. at The Creative Closet)
2 cups blueberries (I tend to use closer to 3 cups) - fresh is best...frozen is fine too
3 Tbsp Crisco (NOT oil)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cornstarch
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 pan and then place blueberries in bottom of pan...
2. Combine Crisco, sugar, milk, flour and baking powder in a medium size bowl.....
.....mix by hand, fork or spoon.....
3. Spread batter over berries......
....and then make the "topping".
4. Combine 1st three ingredients of "topping" - sugar, salt and cornstarch.....
.....mix well and then sprinkle over the blueberries/batter in pan....
5. Now pour the cup of boiling water all over topping....
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes (this is the hardest part of making this delicious dessert...you have to wait for it to bake!!!). Bake until golden brown on top. When it comes out of the oven it is all puffed up and gorgeous and then it falls down a bit...unfortunately, I didn't get that special moment on camera to share with all of you - so you'll just have to make it for yourself to find out!
Served with a good vanilla ice cream is the bomb...
And as Cindy suggests, don't be afraid to double this little gem of a recipe - just make it in a 9x13 pan instead of an 8x8.
This post has been linked to...
Happy Blueberry Pudding Cake Baking!