Image Map

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oatmeal Toffee Bars Sprinkled with Chocolate Chips



I have many passions in life.  One being my family and friends (love you guys to bits and pieces!!!). Another being around or in beautiful surroundings (like my Mom's garden or a beautiful table cloth or driving through the South of France in my Aunt's little happy car with fun dancey music playing).  And of course one of my BIGGEST passions in life is baking and cooking (which you all know very well).  Yet another passion in my life is paper crafting.  Yes, I adore making cards, scrapbook pages (thanks to my dear friend Kylah for encouraging me and showing me the way) and 3D items too.  I have been able to really feed my passion of paper-crafting by becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator as of 8 years ago.

Part of my passion of being a SU! Demo allows me to have a group of girls come over to my house once a month and have an evening of creativity and fun.  Every month I carefully choose at least 2 (sometimes 3 if I am feeling really inspired) projects for everyone to make. Above you will see one of the projects we made last month.  A great project to make for not only are owls part of the focal point of the mini cards (I also have a special little passion for owls) but also we made a little match-book to hold the hand-made cards.  A nice gift or way to present a card to someone special. 




 Along with the materials and guidance of the projects I like to bake a little something special to share with everyone.  Any excuse for me to bake I jump upon!  Last month I made these lovely little Oatmeal Toffee Bars (which I sprinkled with chocolate chips because chocolate usually makes everyone happy).  Super YUM and a very happy success of a recipe.  Full of flavor, easy to make and a smile is sure to come across your face one you bite into one of these bars.  What more could you ask for!




Oatmeal Toffee Bars Sprinkled with Chocolate Chips
(recipe has been adapted from TK member, Karly )

Ingredients:



1 cup butter, softened

1 cup brown sugar, packed

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/2 cup flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp salt

3 cups oatmeal, quick cooking or regular rolled oats

1 cup Health Bar Bits

1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease 9x13 baking pan.

2. Beat butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until well blended and nice and fluffy.  Add in eggs and vanilla extract.

3. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt....



  ....Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture.   Mix well all together.

4. Stir in toffee bits and oatmeal - batter will be stiff....


5. Spread batter into prepared pan.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips....




6. Bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean....




  Cool in pan and then cut into squares.  Serve with happiness!



Happy Oatmeal Toffee Bars Sprinkled with Chocolate Chips Baking!


13 comments:

  1. Cookies and Stampin' Up - two of my favorite things!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making cards is so much fun! My mom & I used to go to Stampin' Up parties all the time... we still have boxes of paper-crafting supplies sitting around somewhere. Your cards are so beautiful, it makes me want to dust them off and make my own Christmas cards this year. And the oatmeal toffee bars look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are really beautiful. I am really lousy when come to anything handicraft! The toffee bars look so good...yes, I can picture myself smiling with a bite of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a woman of many talents! The cards are cute, and the cookies look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!!! Those cards are super cute. I think that group would be so fun. These bars look amazing too! I think I might have to have them soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Oatmeal Bars look delicious! I love oatmeal anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made oatmeal toffee bars a few months back because everyone was raving about them but they didn't do much for me. I think part of it was that they were undercooked, but I didn't realize that until they cooled and I cut them into squares- doh! Yours look really good though.

    Your cards are super cute. I love paper crafts too and wish I had more time to do them. I used to do them more before I started blogging :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look perfectly yummy and I love the addition of chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little owl cards are darling and the bars look out of this world! So many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sound (and look) amazing!!!
    Yummy yummy toffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I have that same blue and yellow bowl. I jsut love that bowl. I make huge salads in them!

    Love this bar recipe Avril. I am just writing the post for those peach abrs that I made. We loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could eat that entire pan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I've made these bars...they the recipe looks familiar. And if I remember correctly they are very good. :)

    Love, love, love your cards! They are fantastic. You're very talented.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis