Is there seriously anything better than homemade bread?! Well, for the moment homemade bread is one item of food (of many) that is on the top of my "favorite food" list. To me the fact that I am able to actually make bread means that I have the time and energy to do so....which is precious these days as I am in the tail end of my 2nd trimester of pregnancy. I usually make bread when it is sunny outside....something about having it sunny outside is always inviting for me to make bread...who knows why. Maybe because when it is sunny outside it allows the "rising" process of the bread to be more successful in my eyes?? Could be.
I am always looking for new and different recipes so when I came across this recipe for homemade bread that included cottage cheese in the ingredients list I was very intrigued. Especially when Rhonda from
Our Treasured Home expressed that the cottage cheese gave the bread a special moistness and a wonderful flavor. I was immediately hooked and printed out the recipe to make ASAP. For those of you that have a bread maker Rhonda also shares this recipe to make in the bread maker along with by hand.
I was not disappointed by this recipe. You will not be disappointed either! This bread is VERY easy to make and sooooo yummy and yes, moist! Go ahead, pick a sunny day and make this bread.
Homemade Bread made with Cottage Cheese
(recipe discovered on Our Treasured Home)
1 package Dry Yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup cottage cheese
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 whole egg, slightly beaten
2 1/2 cups flour
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Heat butter and cottage cheese until warm and butter is completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add in sugar, salt, baking soda and beaten egg. Mix well and blend in yeast mixture.
3. Pour mixture into bowl of Kitchen Aid and then add flour. Mix using dough hook or by hand until dough is completely mixed together.
4. Place dough on a floured surface. Fold dough over several times. Cover dough (leaving on floured surface) with a clean dish towel and let rise until doubled in size....at least 45-60 minutes.
Look how beautiful it will look once it has doubled in size....
5. Fold over again a couple of times and then place in a well greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.....
....let rise again until doubled....
....preheat oven to 350 degrees F and then bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool for a couple of minutes before removing from pan.
Homemade bread....it is such a beautiful creation!!!
Happy Homemade Bread made with Cottage Cheese Baking!