I am delighted and so very excited to post my first cookie recipe for the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies baking group that I have joined. Every Friday for the next 12 weeks (yes, we have 12 weeks until Christmas) I will post a cookie recipe that can easily be made for the holidays. Be sure to check out the other lovely ladies blogs that are also part of this group.....you will be sure to find an abundance of amazing cookie (bars and candy too) recipes from all of these blogs!
The first of 12 cookie recipes that I will be sharing is the lovely recipe for Molasses Cookies - and yes, they are just like Starbucks.....so so good! These cookies are full of flavor, soft and chewy and give you a warm sense of the holidays to come.
I did find that the bigger the cookie the softer and chewy the cookie came out. I first tried the small cookie scoop from Pampered Chef and then switched over to the medium size cookie scoop with much better success of a consistency that I was really hoping for - soft and chewy! These cookies are definitely worthy of "double batching" the recipe.
Be sure to store the cookies in an air-tight container or a sealed bag to keep them fresh and soft. Enjoy!
Molasses Cookies (Just like Starbuck's)
(recipe from Cooking During Stolen Moments)
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup white sugar (for rolling the cookies in)
1. Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and molasses and beat for an additional minute.
2. In a small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (except the 1/2 cup white sugar) and whisk or stir with a fork for 30 seconds.
3. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mis until well combined. Cover dough and refrigerate for 1-2 hours - until dough is firm.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll heaping tablespoons (I used a small and medium scoop from Pampered Chef - I liked the medium size scoop the best for this cookie recipe) of dough into a ball, then roll through the white sugar....
....and then place rolled cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silapat...
5. Bake @ 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes - don't over bake for you will end up with hard rather than soft cookies.
Aren't they perrrrty! :-)
Really yummy cookies to have with a glass of milk.....
Happy Molasses Cookies (Just like Starbucks) Baking!
Be sure to check out all the other amazing blogs that are part of this fabulous 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies group!Week 1 Twelve Weeks of Christmast: