Today I am the Muffin Woman....I have Coffee Cake Muffins for you! Yummy, full o flavor and goodness Coffee Cake Muffins. One of the BEST parts of this recipe is that it has a ribbon of brown sugar and cinnamon that runs right through the middle of the muffins. Super, duper YUM-O!
Do you have a favorite muffin recipe? Please do share! I adore any kind of muffin and have been looking for a long time for a GOOD Coffee Cake Muffin recipe - I'm delighted to say that I think I've found it! Here we go....
Coffee Cake Muffins
(recipe from SwEEts by E - a blog FULL of yumminess!)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 cup AP flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, COLD
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix flour, sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl.
2. Add in softened butter using a fork...
- mash until well combined....
Place streusel mixture into fridge while you make the muffin batter.
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line regular size muffin tins with liners or spray with non-stick baking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine/whisk flours, sugar, baking powder and salt....
Cut COLD butter into small cubes and then add to flour mixture....
Using paddle attachment, mix the butter into the flour mixture until fully incorporated. This will take about 2-3 minutes on medium speed.
3. Mix in applesauce then add in egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract....
Mix all together until just smooth - don't over mix!
4. Take streusel topping out of fridge. Place a spoonful of batter into each muffin mold and then 1-2 tsp of the streusel topping...
followed by another spoonful of batter and lastly another 1-2 tsp of streusel topping.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove muffins from oven and then place on cooling racks for 10 minutes before serving. Store any left-over muffins in a well sealed container.
Happy Coffee Cake Muffins Baking!
**Many of you have been sending me wishes of good luck and happiness for the birth of my second child -which will be happening any day now- ....thank you ALL so much! I am now on maternity leave from work and just waiting patiently for the Bambino to arrive. We don't know the gender of the baby. We chose to wait for the baby's entrance into the world for us to find out - I LOVE surprises!!! I am feeling good - no signs of going into labor in this very moment....I guess anything can happen at any time! I'm just hoping for a quick and uncomplicated labor like I had with my daughter. I am optimistic that this will happen. :-) Lots of gratitude for all your sweet messages and happy thoughts sent my way....I truly appreciate it! xoxoxo to ALL! **