Image Map

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Do you know the Muffin Man? How about the Muffin Woman?

Today I am the Muffin Woman....I have Coffee Cake Muffins for you!  Yummy, full o flavor and goodness Coffee Cake Muffins.  One of the BEST parts of this recipe is that it has a ribbon of brown sugar and cinnamon that runs right through the middle of the muffins.  Super, duper YUM-O! 


Do you have a favorite muffin recipe?  Please do share!  I adore any kind of muffin and have been looking for a long time for a GOOD Coffee Cake Muffin recipe - I'm delighted to say that I think I've found it!  Here we go....

Coffee Cake Muffins
(recipe from SwEEts by E - a blog FULL of yumminess!)

Streusel Ingredients:



1/4 cup flour

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup sugar

2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/4 cup butter, softened

Muffin Ingredients:



1 cup white whole wheat flour

1 cup AP flour

3/4 cup sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 cup butter, COLD

1/4 cup applesauce

1 egg

1 cup buttermilk

1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract


Streusel Directions:


1. Mix flour, sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl.

2. Add in softened butter using a fork...


 - mash until well combined....


  Place streusel mixture into fridge while you make the muffin batter.

Muffin Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Line regular size muffin tins with liners or spray with non-stick baking spray.

2. In a large bowl combine/whisk flours, sugar, baking powder and salt....



  Cut COLD butter into small cubes and then add to flour mixture....


  Using paddle attachment, mix the butter into the flour mixture until fully incorporated.  This will take about 2-3 minutes on medium speed.

3. Mix in applesauce then add in egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract....


  Mix all together until just smooth - don't over mix!

4. Take streusel topping out of fridge.  Place a spoonful of batter into each muffin mold and then 1-2 tsp of the streusel topping...


 followed by another spoonful of batter and lastly another 1-2 tsp of streusel topping.

5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove muffins from oven and then place on cooling racks for 10 minutes before serving.  Store any left-over muffins in a well sealed container.

Enjoy!




Happy Coffee Cake Muffins Baking!


**Many of you have been sending me wishes of good luck and happiness for the birth of my second child -which will be happening any day now- ....thank you ALL so much!  I am now on maternity leave from work and just waiting patiently for the Bambino to arrive. We don't know the gender of the baby. We chose to wait for the baby's entrance into the world for us to find out - I LOVE surprises!!!  I am feeling good - no signs of going into labor in this very moment....I guess anything can happen at any time!  I'm just hoping for a quick and uncomplicated labor like I had with my daughter.  I am optimistic that this will happen. :-)  Lots of gratitude for all your sweet messages and happy thoughts sent my way....I truly appreciate it!  xoxoxo to ALL! **




17 comments:

  1. Ok, Ms. "About to Pop"...the rest of us are trying to stick with our resolutions and you post this absolutely scrumptious, luscious looking muffin?!?! Mean I tell ya, just mean. Seriously, this looks amazing - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muffins looks great! Here's wishing you a happy and safe delivery. Couldn't wait to see your little bundle of joy. Be sure to take lots of snapshots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The muffins look delicious, who does not love streusel? Take care, and enjoy your new family member when the time arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of anything that says "coffee" and "cake." But when you add "muffin" in there...oh man. That just makes the world a better place.

    This gives me a reason to wake up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm muffins look great! All the best for the birth of your second child!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coffee cake muffins look delicious! And good luck with the baby. Each birth is such a miracle and I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love muffins for breakfast and yours look terrific! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enver heard of coffee cake muffings but these look wonderful!

    A friend of mine sent me this recipe and they were really good-- since you're on a muffin kick!

    http://theboysmademedoit.blogspot.com/2010/12/pumpkin-muffins-that-might-change-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the perfect swirl of cinnamon going through the middle. I would definitely enjoy one or two of these with my morning coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could really use a few of those right this moment!! Best wishes and good luck with everything. I am excited that you are letting the sex of the baby be a surprise. I love surprises. I will be thinking of you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing like a good muffin recipe, Avril! Looking forward to all your great goodies in 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always looking for fabulous new muffins - my favourite one at the moment is here: http://kitchen-maid.blogspot.com/2010/11/say-cheese-muffins.html

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That thick ribbon of cinnamon lusciousness running through this is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Avril. Thanks for stopping by the Spoonful blog and intoducing yourself. I am your newest follower and can't wait to check out some of these yummy recipes.
    To answer you about the apple Lasagna ~ it is a dessert and as strange as it is.. it is delicious!!! I love the almond taste.

    Nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, i love these! The cinnamon sugar swirl, OMG! I have to go look at Leslies bloh to see the apple lasagna.. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the perfect way to start the day. A cup of coffee and all that streusel. How delicious can you get. Why not share this at Let's Do Brunch?

    http://sweetsav.blogspot.com/2011/01/lets-do-brunch-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Coffee cake muffins???? Yes, please!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis