Image Map

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Perfect Snickerdoodle Cookies, a Birthday Card AND a MckLinky :-)


Cookies....nothing better than a homemade yummy cookie - along with a glass of milk of course!  These cookies remind of my childhood.  The flavor of cinnamon and sugar in particular.  Do you have a favorite cookie that reminds you of your childhood?  Please do share with MckLinky at the bottom of this post.





Perfect Snickerdoodle Cookies
(discovered on Tasty Kitchen from the member named "Megan")

Ingredients:

1 cup shortening

1 1/2 cup sugar

2 whole eggs

2 3/4 cup flour

2 tsp cream of tartar

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup of sugar/cinnamon mixture (1/2 cup sugar mixed with 1-2 tsp cinnamon - depending on how much you prefer)


Directions:

1. Beat together shortening, sugar and eggs.

2. Add in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.  Mix well all together. 

3. Chill cookie batter for at least 30 minutes.

4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

5. Mix together 1/2 cup sugar and 1-2 tsp cinnamon in a medium bowl.



6. With a teaspoon or a melon baller (which is what I used) roll chilled cookie dough into small balls.  Roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture to coat the balls well.


7. Place rolled cookies on cookie sheet (ungreased) and bake for 8-10 minutes.


 9. Cool on cookie rack.  Enjoy the site of mountains and mountains of Snickerdoodles appear before your very eyes!!


My birthday was a couple weeks ago - I was showered with so many happy moments/memories along with presents and gorgeous cards.  I'm such a lucky girl! 

Below you will see a card that my dear precious friend, Kylah made for me - I treasure her along with EVERYTHING she makes for me.  I thought the cookies wrapped in red gingham ribbon matched the card perfectly!


Happy Snickerdoodle Cookie Baking!
~avril :-)

This post has been linked to...

If you have a favorite cookie recipe from your childhood or simply that you just really enjoy please link it up to the MckLinky found here.  Don't forget to include in your post that you've linked up to Baking and Creating with Avril. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love snickerdoodle cookies. You just reminded me that I need to make a batch, its been awhile. Ty for linking up to Potluck Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday was a couple weeks ago - I was showered with so many happy moments/memories along with presents and gorgeous cards. I'm such a lucky girl! fancy bed sheets in pakistan online , mattress topper covers ,

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis