Image Map

Thursday, August 16, 2012

A SUPER Moist Blueberry Cake

As a baker living in New England I can always appreciate discovering a new and successfully delicious recipe that calls for blueberries. I adore baking with fresh blueberries.  Baking with frozen blueberries isn't too shabby either.....especially if I have picked them fresh myself and frozen them for later use.




I whipped up this lovely blueberry yumminess of a cake with some freshly picked blueberries.  And the recipe that I used did not disappoint.  The cake came out with a wonderful flavor and gorgeous texture.  What more could you ask for in a cake?!  I do have to say that having both yogurt and sour cream as ingredients in this recipe leaves NO room for a dry cake.  This cake is super moist.  Greek or regular yogurt can be used along side the sour cream.  I chose to use Greek lemon yogurt as I thought it was pair well with the blueberries.  Plain or vanilla Greek yogurt would work fine too if you wish to tone down the lemon flavoring in the cake.

  I do have to admit that I was patting myself on the back when I took my first bite of this cake as it tasted SO good.  I remember thinking, "Goodness, I could sell this cake with NO problem!" - meaning that it came out so nicely that I envisioned setting up shop in front of my house and holding out a sign advertising "Blueberry Lemon Cake For Sale" because I was so impressed with the cake.  I highly recommend you make this cake yourself! 



I topped off the cake with a dusting of powdered sugar.  Next time I think I will drizzle it with a lemon glaze. YUM.


Blueberry Lemon Cake
(recipe discovered on the blog, The Martha in Me)

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup yogurt (Greek or regular is fine...I used lemon Greek yogurt)
2 cups blueberries (I used FRESH)
2 Tbsp freshly grated lemon zest

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour well your cake pan(s) of your choice.  I used my favorite kind of cake pan....a bundt cake pan.

2.In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.  Set bowl aside.

3. Combine sour cream and yogurt in a small bowl.  Set bowl aside.

3. Cream together butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.

4.  Add in flour mixture to the butter/sugar/egg mixture alternately with the sour cream/yogurt mixture.

5.In a medium bowl toss together the blueberries, lemon zest and 1 tsp flour.  Gently fold in blueberries to the cake batter.

6. Pour batter in prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes.  Cool in pan for 20 minutes before inverting cake to a serving plate.



Happy Blueberry Lemon Cake Baking!


11 comments:

  1. Blueberries go so well with lemon, Avril! It's a real beauty and I'd buy it from you if you set up a stand in my neck of the woods:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love anything blueberry, this looks delicious :)
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blueberry and lemon together! Beautiful cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love anything blueberry, this looks delicious :)
    mickey
    happy wheels
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks and Best of luck to your next Blog in future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate you penning this article plus the rest of the site is also really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing superb informations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its an amazing website, really enjoy your articles. Helpful and interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its wonderful as your other articles : D, regards for posting .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis