Image Map

Monday, November 25, 2013

Maple Cornbread mini Loaves

Today I bring you a VERY special treat from my monthly assignment of the Secret Recipe Club.  I discovered a delicious recipe for Cornbread Muffins on the blog called, Enriching your KidsShirley, who writes and creates this blog, is full amazing ideas for healthy and nutritious meals for her children.  I  loved exploring through her blog as I read all the different (and foreign to me) names of her dishes and ingredients that originate from India. 

 
I came upon this recipe for cornbread muffins and decided to make it but with a little twist.  I had just bought a 1/2 gallon of REAL maple syrup from a friend of mine and thus I was just itching to open it for a taste.  No better way than to do so by baking with it! So, I switched out the honey that was called for in the recipe for maple syrup.  Delicious!
 
 
And then to take it just one step further I made the cornbread into mini loaves instead of muffins. I pictured wrapping up a little loaf of this bread along side a bottle of maple syrup. Both could be tucked away in a sweet basket as a homemade gift for the up coming holiday season.  There is nothing better than a gift from your kitchen in my book!
 
 
I definitely encourage a visit to Enriching your Kid as I am sure you will enjoy your time there just as I did.  And, be sure to check out all the scrumptious creations in the links found below as these are all from my fellow Secret Recipe Club friends! :-)
 
Maple Cornbread mini Loaves
(original recipe found on Enriching your Kid)
 
Ingredients:
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour (Shirley's recipe called for whole wheat - I used white)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup maple syrup (or HONEY)
1 Tbsp butter, melted
 
 
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease desired pans (2 mini loaf pans or 12 regular size muffin tins).
 
2. In a large bowl combine and mix well all together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and soda. 
 
3. Mix together egg and milk and pour into a well of the dry ingredients.  Add in melted butter and maple syrup too.  Stir just until combined being careful not to over mix batter.
 
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake.  20-22 minutes for mini loaves or 15 minutes or muffins.  Cool slightly before serving.  A little drizzle of warmed maple syrup over the top would be delightful!
 
 
 
Happy Maple Cornbread mini Loaves Baking! 
 
 

 


12 comments:

  1. These look absolutely delicious and a great gift to give this holiday season. Great SRC pick this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great src pick! My family would flip over these! We are huge cornbread fans:) Have a Happy Thanksgiving~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look absolutely amazing!! What great changes you made - and beautiful pictures! Yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look SO good and like a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the addition of the maple syrup! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look absolutely delicious! I usually don't like cornbread, but will definitely give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks FAB! and missing you very much at THB and TCS groups!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are just adorable, what a cute idea for a food-gift!

    Beautiful photos, loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maple cornbread sounds delicious and I love that you made them into mini loaves - such a beautiful presentation and it will make a great gift too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute - they look really yummy! I love cornbread and the addition of maple sounds awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this sounds so comforting and delicious. Good SRC choice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've linked a cookie post. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis