Image Map

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Delicious Coconut Banana Bread



I have baked hundreds of banana breads.  It really is one of my most favorite thing to bake.  I often find myself looking over the bananas at the market for those that are no longer perfectly yellow or even slightly green but rather for bananas that have brownish-black speckles on them.  I have an eye out for ripe, banana bread ready bananas.  Bananas that are overly ripe are gems in my eyes. 



Recently, I found a gem of recipe for banana bread.  I am so excited to be sharing it with all of you! Honestly, I may have found my all time favorite recipe for banana bread.  It's made with a few unusual ingredients that you don't usually find in banana bread.  Coconut milk, canola oil and even almond extract are a few of these unusual additions in this recipe.  

The first time I made this recipe I followed it to the T.   I used all the required measurements and ingredients.  The bread came out amazing!  Absolutely delicious with a lovely texture.   The only way this banana bread could be any better would be if I could make it a bit healthier.  The original ingredient list called for all-purpose white flour and white sugar.  Which is fine but I really wanted to see if I could alter the recipe slightly and still get the same delicious results. 



I was completely delighted with my alterations!  My "healthier" substitutions were a success as the bread still tasted wonderful along with the soft crumb presence in each slice.  In place of the white flour I used whole wheat flour and then swapped out the white sugar for maple syrup.  The best part of this healthier version was when I could tell my friends and family that they didn't have to feel guilty about eating such a delicious banana bread.  It was a HUGE hit all around!  



Impress you friends and family and make this banana bread.  Everyone will love you for it! 

Coconut Banana Bread 
 (recipe altered from The Recipe Critic)
  
 Ingredients:
1/2 cup canola oil (melted coconut oil could easily be used in place of the canola oil) 
1 cup maple syrup (granulated white sugar can also be used in place of the maple syrup)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour + 2 Tbsp (extra flour is added because of the use of maple syrup)
3/4 cup all purpose flour 
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt 
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (3-4 medium size bananas) 
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease a 9x5 loaf pan (I used a tea loaf pan which is 12x4) and set aside.

In a large bowl whisk together oil and maple syrup.  Add in eggs and extracts.  Set aside.

In a medium bowl combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Mixing well with a whisk.

In another medium bowl combine mashed bananas and coconut milk.  

Alternating with the wet ingredients and flour mixture add them to the oil/maple syrup mixture.  Pour batter into prepared pan.  Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded coconut over batter and swirl gently with a butter knife to slightly incorporate into the unbaked bread. 

Bake bread for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out clean.  If the coconut starts to brown too much cover with tin foil until bread is completely baked.  Cool bread before slicing.  Enjoy! 



Happy Coconut Banana Bread Baking!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this kind of useful information.
    sex offenders

    ReplyDelete
  2. pg slot เกมแตกดีเยี่ยม เล่นเกมสล็อตสมรรถนะสูง สัมผัสการเล่นสล็อตแตกหนัก แตกจริง ที่มีความล้ำยุค เปิดให้เข้ามาเล่นเกมพนันที่ยอดเยี่ยม ค่ายเกมใหม่ที่มีคุณภาพ pg slot เกมแตกดีเยี่ยม นับได้ว่าเป็นอีก

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis