Ok, so are you ready for something new, EASY and (of course) delicious for dinner? Something that even your kiddos will like? Yup, that's what I thought! Of course you do! Well, I have just the thing for you....Crescent Chicken Packages. Yummy!!!!
This is a meal oh-so-gently wrapped in a Crescent roll (reduced-fat Crescent rolls at that) that produces lots of happy tummies. The filling is a delicious chicken, cheese and a couple diced onions mixture that is all combined together in one happy melting exsistence (ok, so I'm getting a little carried away....but seriously this little recipe is gauranteed to give you an easy, happy, yummy meal).
Crescent Chicken Packages
(recipe has been adapted from The Tasty Kitchen site )
2 whole chicken breasts - cooked and cut into cubes
1 can (8 oz) Crescent Rolls - I used reduced-fat Crescent Rolls
1 cup shredded Colby Monterey Jack Cheese
3 oz Cream Cheese - I used Trader Joe's Onion Chive cream cheese. Reduced fat cream cheese could easily be used here too.
1/4 cup Diced White Onion
2 tbsp Milk
2 tbsp butter - recipe called for 3 I used 2 with plenty left over
1/4 tsp Seasoned Salt
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the chicken, either by baking, grilling or boiling it. Cut into cubes. I discovered Tyson FULLY COOKED Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast at my local Target recently - this chicken is perfect for this recipe! - plus is takes away 1 step in that you don't have to cook the chicken before adding it to the recipe.
3.Combine the cream cheese, diced onion, milk, 1 tablespoon of butter and seasoned salt....
....and mix well all together.....
4. Add the chicken and shredded cheese.....
....mix well until chicken is well coated. Add pepper to taste...
.... then I divided the mixture into 4 sections so that I could easily see how much was going into each Crescent package....
5. Take out your Crescent Rolls and divide into 4 sections on an ungreased cookie sheet. Gently pinch together the perferarated sections so that 2 "rolls" become one.
6. Fill each square with the chicken-cheese mixture.....
.....fold over each corner of the Crescent roll on top of the chicken-cheese mixture....
8. Melt remaining butter and brush all over the "package". Sprinkle with Paprika if you'd like.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Mmmmmmm mmmmm gooood!
Happy Crescent Chicken Package Baking!
This recipe has been shared on...