Recently I discovered that "JUMBO" muffin/cupcake liners exsist....oh happy day! Did you know this already? They are lovely and can be found in your local grocery store in the baking section (my favorite section of the grocery store - BIG surprise right!?!)
For my last post of "Going Bananas with Bananas" I thought I'd share the last of five recipes I made with ALL my bananas - (Jumbo) Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping. These muffins are moist and soooo tasty - you won't regret the little time it takes to throw these muffins together. And of course if you wish you can make this recipe into regular size muffins rather than JUMBO size muffins. :-)
Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping
Makes 12 regular size muffins or 10 JUMBO size muffins
(recipe can also be found at allrecipes.com)
Muffin Batter Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 sour cream
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans - optional
Crumb Topping Ingredients:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin tins or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, powder and salt.
3. Beat together mashed bananas, sugar, egg, sour cream and melted butter.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in chopped nuts if using.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.....
and then make Crumb Topping.....
Crumb Topping Directions:
1. Combine brown sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal (a pastry cutter works great for this step).
3. Sprinkle topping over muffins.....
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Happy Jumbo Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping Baking!