Yes, this is NOT a dream! These cookies are actually made with vanilla ice cream. I repeat, ice cream is in the cookie batter. And boy oh boy is it a lovely cookie that is created by this recipe. The cookies are moist, have a wonderful vanilla flavor (of course the vanilla ice cream helps out loads with this) and a chewy softness closes the deal on these cookies.
This recipe was so brilliantly created by the lovely lady from Picky Palate - be sure to go check out ALL her amazing recipes on her blog.....lovely oh-so-delicious goodies on this blog!
Here are the ingredients of this recipe...
Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
*recipe makes 3-4 dozen cookies*
(Picky Palate was the source of happiness for this recipe)
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
A heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream - which equals 1/2 cup (frozen from the container)
4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsps baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 (16oz) bag of chocolate chips - I used a bag of milk chocolate chips with a 1/4 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (it's always good to have more chocolate than less right!?!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
And now for the magic of this recipe.....add in the vanilla ice cream...
....and beat to combine into batter....
2. Place flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl - mix well all together.
3. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients - mix just until combined. Now gently add in chocolate chips.
4. With a medium (or small) scoop, scoop dough onto silpat or parchment lined cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are baked through - (10 minutes worked best for me).
Cool cookies for 5 minutes before removing from sheet onto a cooling rack.
For extra fun serve with a marachino cherry (or a "wet cherry" as my DD calls them) on top!
Here is a sneak peek of my next fun recipe to share with you.....
Happy Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookie Baking!
This post has been linked to Mommy's Kitchen for Potluck Sunday